What's new

soundretroco

Beginner
Reaction score
Hmm, okay. After byteswapping and reflashing P1, I am getting the system booting into a garbled display that seems to cycle between three/four different (garbled) screens, with visible transition effects going on..... I'm not quite certain what DDP's attract mode looks like but this sounds like a step in the right direction at the very least. Before byteswapping I was reliably getting the PGM to boot into a blue service menu (it seems like "blue menu" means "cart detected" where "red menu" is "no cart") so I think I might be on the right track? Going to redo the tile EEPROMs when I have the time and see if that gets me anywhere.

Fluffy

Champion
Reaction score
I think quite a lot of UI is done with sprites, so make sure you try to go into the level.

alamone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi - I think the OP should be updated with instructions to populate R2-R4 with pull up resistors... I couldn't get the skip BIOS functionality to work until I added those in, and nothing in the original post says anything about putting resistors there.

GC8TECH

Professional
Reaction score
I did a update video on my YouTube channel about the extra pull up resistors....
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBUqOlKjOR4

You only have to use them if your not using the Atmel part. I have had NO issues with Atmel. Lattice was a different story!!
I have videos on all the aspects of building the Fluffy PCB for yourself...

Tim.

Fluffy

Champion
Reaction score
Also, if you're sure that you'll never use the jumpers you can hardcode them in the source code for the gal.

alamone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, problem was I was using a GAL with the pin keeper. There was info about it, but it was buried several pages into the thread.
Thanks for updating the OP.