What's new

AnyZeroHero

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi all,

what I have purchased

Sega Naomi 1 Board

GD Rom with serial cable and power cable

Capcom I/O with no cables. (will source these since they are pc parts apart from power connector)

Naomi multi region bios

Sega Naomi Net Dimm Board

tools

U Type IC Chip Extractor Extraction Pull Up Anti ESD Tool for ROM EPROM DIP

Cables from ebay so far

Cable Power Jvs I/o Board Capcom Converter Terminal Arcade Power Supply

Cable Adapter Jvs ATX Power Terminal Arcade Naomi Power Supply 3,3v(this i think was the wrong choice)

Discs

Sega OutRun2 SP Special Tours Firm Update For CF-BOX GDX-0024A GD ROM (this could be wrong for my board)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sega-Out...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

planning on powering from pc power supply to begin with since i have a few around.

some background of my purchases

i feel like i have rushed into this at the beginning and have made some mistake purchases such as disc above and power cables.

The one i am having most trouble with is the condition of Naomi board i have since its ports are all rusty and was not clear from ebay seller which I have raised a case with.

knowledge gap is what buttons to buy and harness which is another thing i would like some guidance on.

Thank you for reading and hope this make some sense.

Perhaps post some pics, but ‘rusty ports’ doesn’t sound like a great start.
What are you looking to achieve here?
(I.e. original media, RaspberryPi NetBoot setup etc).
Will this sit in a cabinet or be a more consolized solution? Running analog

Also... Sega Outrun is not a Naomi title... That runs on Sega Chihiro hardware... Here is a Naomi games list (System16).

Another point to consider - you need to remove the supercap in the Naomi right away as it will leak and wreak havoc on your motherboard. You can replace or just leave it off.

Last edited:
Perhaps post some pics, but ‘rusty ports’ doesn’t sound like a great start.
What are you looking to achieve here?
(I.e. original media, RaspberryPi NetBoot setup etc).
Will this sit in a cabinet or be a more consolized solution? Running analog

Also... Sega Outrun is not a Naomi title... That runs on Sega Chihiro hardware... Here is a Naomi games list (System16).

Another point to consider - you need to remove the supercap in the Naomi right away as it will leak and wreak havoc on your motherboard. You can replace or just leave it off.
for the moment i am looking at connect everything on a table check it works. play some games original hardware.

move it to cab is the end goal.

okay i will google location of the supercap.

this one at C29, digikey part 604-1022-ND

IMG_0109.JPG

NetDimm takes a while to boot and show someting on the screen. Give it some time.

Ask the seller if they have a replacement filterboard to swap out your rusty one, or return the whole unit if possible.

For the black screen, you may want to try re-seating the NetDimm module a couple times. Make sure it is pressed down all the way.
Also try cleaning the connectors with compressed air or something to ensure they're making proper contact.
This can also be a power issue, but your 'Cable Adapter Jvs ATX Power Terminal Arcade Naomi Power Supply 3,3v' should be fine.
You could always try a different PSU if reseating down't work.

For controls, you could try pairing your Capcom I/O with @RGBs CPS2 I/O Interface. Add in a DB15 adapter from @Frank_fjs, @Arthrimus or @undamned and you can use almost any controller with it.

If you are interested in driving games then that will certainly be more leg work. Analog controls are less straight forward. Check out the S-JIHP: Sega JVS I/O Helper PCB by @Mitsurugi-w.

Hi Nam9,

i have an ebay case raised about the situation with the board. looking at his sale page he has naomi 1 board with chip ending with D if i was to replace with multi bios would that work with the netdimm?

after cleaning my netdimm with air spray i have had no luck with it working and have ordered just a gd rom adapter one to try.

i am wondering if its power issue still but wont know till above item arrives.

the other psu i got does not seems to like the naomi.

thats a good idea to use the super gun method with controller. in my planning i was thinking jammer harness to buttons on a desk maybe put in a wooden box for the minute but unsure since i just want to see it working with something.

thanks again

Back