What's new
I’m assuming by the code on your Infinikey it’s a Japanese region board - do you definitely have the right program ROMs installed?

Hmmm ok, time to take out some soldering wick to fix it lol.

Just trying to soldering those wires are so fiddly, but yeah will give it another go tomorrow. Cheers mate. :thumbsup:

Figured I might as well ask here since it's quite active.

I'm trying to move a set of SFZ2 roms originally on a Rev 7 board with a daughterboard into a Rev 4 board.

I've transferred everything which includes, the all the roms, PAL D chip and the jumper settings, but still have no luck and is greeted with the Light blue screen after installing an Infinikey.

Does the jumper settings matter when it comes to the different revision of the board?
Had the same issue!
Try SOOS-SO-0SS0SO-OSSOOSSO-OSSOOSSO

That brought the game back to life.

Those settings are correct for the larger 42 pin DIP EPROMs but in your case that needs to be changed for the smaller sizes in those sockets

Try this:

Edit: sorry should be

OSSOOSSO
OSSOOSSO
Nope. Exactly the same.

Exactly the same is good - that means we haven’t made it worse lol

Have you verified all the ROMs are good? Could be one or more bad mask ROMs

Exactly the same is good - that means we haven’t made it worse lol

Have you verified all the ROMs are good? Could be one or more bad mask ROMs
LOL, true. I'll try with another B board, just in case. I still have to check the 32 mbit eproms. So far, no issues.

Checked all mask EPROMs, zero issues, so I started to check schematics online to trace the 2 pins the 4MBit EPROMs are not using.

GFX Address A20 is not available when using these 40 pin mask EPROMs.
02.png

Same with gfx address A21

03.png

By tracking the traces, indeed, this address is not available (duh).

IMG_7930.JPEG

So, I decided to burn these 4MBit EPROMs in M27c160s. Doubled the data, just in case. Tried jumpers as OSSOOSSO-OSSOOSSO and SOSOSOSO-SOSOSOSO.

Exactly the same freaking result. I reinstalled the original mask roms and decided to store the pcb until I have either another board to test or somebody with a 19xxjr2 pcb willing to share the B Board revision and the jumper settings.

The jumper settings are

OSSOOSSO OSSOOSSO

I confirmed it watching a video where undamned installed an Infinikey on a 19xx

There has to be something else or one or more of your jumpers are set incorrectly (most likely a solder bridge where there shouldn’t be one)

Probably unrelated to this topic, but have you all ever came across to a CPS2 board with a sub board like this?

This came with SFZ1 and It's as big as the B board itself. It's also very heavy.

IMG_20210928_211520_resized_20210928_091602262 - Copy.jpg

CAPCOM 93646C-3

This board is known to be used with some yellow rent versions of games but not all. When it is used, no sound or graphics ROMs are used on the B-board.

CN1/2 - 96 Pin Connectors for connection to B-Board (the connectors are below the PCB)
93C46 - Atmel 93C46 EEPROM
ROMs - All sockets are for 27C4096 devices (ROM51 to ROM58 are for sound and ROM59 to ROM98 are for graphics.

Taken from: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/cps2.cpp

I’ve seen one of those on a Capcom Sports Club, it was fully populated and extremely heavy

CAPCOM 93646C-3

This board is known to be used with some yellow rent versions of games but not all. When it is used, no sound or graphics ROMs are used on the B-board.

CN1/2 - 96 Pin Connectors for connection to B-Board (the connectors are below the PCB)
93C46 - Atmel 93C46 EEPROM
ROMs - All sockets are for 27C4096 devices (ROM51 to ROM58 are for sound and ROM59 to ROM98 are for graphics.

Taken from: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/cps2.cpp
That link is quite of a read. Thanks!

The jumper settings are

OSSOOSSO OSSOOSSO

I confirmed it watching a video where undamned installed an Infinikey on a 19xx

There has to be something else or one or more of your jumpers are set incorrectly (most likely a solder bridge where there shouldn’t be one)
Alredy tried, no luck. I'm starting to believe the former owner replaced the original B board for an older one. I'm looking for a Rev 7 B board to give a try.

it is 4 Am, on my birthday and I'm reading this post. might be crazy, anyway I'm throwing my hat in the ring and trying on this project. I would like to make a

Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition conversion​

I'm will be using all the correct EEPROM sizes (first try don't want to go crazy on combining, I'm a bit lost there.)
Q1: Is there a difference in the type and number of EEPROM needed between a regular encrypted romset and a phoenix one? if yes can you explain?

Q2: if I'm using encrypted romset what type of EEPROM and how many do I need for this game if I'm using all the correct original memory size?

Q3: what type of pal do I need? Is anyone on the forum providing any?

newbie here, so thanks for you help

Back