What's new
@kazanova225

Q1: no

Q2: a handful of 27c4096 or equivalent, usually 2-8 for program ROMs. Q sound and GFX roms can be determined by file size and are well documented on the internet.

Q3: I don't remember which PAL it uses off the top of my head but that info should be easy to find, and many members here (myself included) can program a GAL16V8 if you cannot.

I have a concern with the hyper street fighter anniversary edition, how would the process be without the additional plates, because I made the conversion of one and I do not have the voices of the people of the game that would be the only details

I’m seeking a bit of help with a conversion.
It was a vampire Hunter board, I have placed MVSE in the board changed the jumpers to match the one in the list have installed a infinikey matching the game and region but am only getting a blank coloured screen signifying it has suicided. Any help would be great thanks.
AB746EA6-5569-456B-8832-9B63AC7BCE25.jpeg

Many thanks redone my infinikey went over my work and working with messed up sound in need of a Gal G if anyone can burn me one and I will pay. Again thanks for the comments.

I need to made for a buddy one Dungeon & Dragon : Shadow over Mystara convert, where can I find the good files and good jumper setting please?

Good write up this it helped me with my conversions of 2 of my favourite games, i had a spare revision 4 board which had Super Street Fighter 2 New challengers on, just converted it to Street Fighter Zero Japan, I've used original code as i wanted a battery, just loaded the keys in through the CN2 connector to de suicide the board, burned a Pal E chip and the board works flawlessly, I'm now Starting on a Marvel vs Capcom on a rev 7 board with battery, just awaiting a batch of 27C322 roms to finish the job.

DSC_0325.JPG

DSC_0315.JPG

DSC_0277.JPG

DSC_0329.JPG

DSC_0289.JPG

DSC_0282.JPG

Marvel vs Capcom work in progress

DSC_0330.JPG

Last edited:
T56 EPROM burner ok for these conversions?
Yes it will, the only issue i found with the t56 is on some of the 27c322s that are getting on a bit they don't programme to well, well they do you can get around it by adjusting the write voltage, you usually know if a chip is going to be pain to programme by how long it takes to erase, i had 2 x 322s that were old took nearly 2 hours to erase them, the programmer checked them as blank but failed to programme halfway through, chucked them in the eraser for 2 hours and they programed just fine with different voltages.

I’m seeking a bit of help with a conversion.
It was a vampire Hunter board, I have placed MVSE in the board changed the jumpers to match the one in the list have installed a infinikey matching the game and region but am only getting a blank coloured screen signifying it has suicided. Any help would be great thanks.
AB746EA6-5569-456B-8832-9B63AC7BCE25.jpeg
You might need an F pal for that game.

Finished my Marvel vs Capcom Conversion, the board was originally Xmen vs Street Fighter i had 2 copies of that game so made sense to change one, i love Marvel vs Capcom such a fantastic game and the best music of all these capcom vs games, I've even found a batch of original new Maxel Batteries like the original 09-21 date stamped so happy with that did think about putting a battery holder on but thought better of it.
DSC_0377.JPG
DSC_0390.JPG
2022-08-04_07-01-30.jpg
DSC_0392.JPG
DSC_0374.JPG

I'm super rusty coming back to this stuff, converting a Rev 7 board to Puzzle Fighter, has an F Pal, but when it's plugged in I only get game audio, if I remove the PAL the graphics return. I didn't have any M27C322 on hand so I was using M27C160 for 11 and 12, M27C800 for 14, 16, 18, 20. Game runs fine with no PAL inserted so I dunno if I did something wrong, maybe it's my jumpers? I'm running
SOOS_SO_OSSOSO_SOSOSOSO_SOSOSOSO for jumpers. I haven't tried combining 14+16 and 18+20 and putting them on an M27C160 yet.

e:nm for shits and giggles I moved them all up one slot (14 to 13, 16 to 15, etc) and it works? I was just following the label the roms had. oh well!

Last edited:
Its been a slow afternoon so thought i would clean up my Hyper Street Fighter 2 board and do a region change from Asia to Japan, i bought this board as a conversion from fleecebay years ago at a price i might add 'fool and his money etc' but really wanted to own this game bad lol this was long before i knew how to do conversions or cps work, to be honest i don't know who did this conversion but it was half arsed piss poor conversion, most eproms had bent and soldered on pins or rusty also the eproms had no window stickers and none of the eproms would verify with any Asia hsf2 rom sets so don't know what version it was coded with, anyhow I've erased the good eproms replaced the broken ones with new ones, what's interesting is in sockets 1 and 2 it has mask roms yet those verify, I've added a battery too a bit old school and boarding on ridiculous considering the options available now but i like my cps2s to have batteries, anyway all working and now running a japan rom set and a lot cleaner looking.

DSC_0017.JPG
_20220820_191436.JPG
DSC_0024.JPG
_20220820_191231.JPG

is that an original maxwell battery or do they still sell ER3s in that design? If it's an original, I'd recommend changing it..

Back