What's new
I just flashed my TTX3 bios. I have the multi. Rebooted a few times and it was fine. I shut it down and swapped the video card to a GeForce 770.

It no longer boots. I've put the stock card back. Reseated ram. Reseated the dmac card. I'm getting no signal at all on the video. The red LED is on. No post beeps at all.

Last edited:
Maybe the flash was bad? Is the BIOS chip socketed?

Try clearing CMOS? I am admittedly shooting in the dark here (I don't have an X3), apologies if this is not helpful.

I tried clearing the cmos, except I'm not entirely sure how. I removed the battery and moved the jumper near it to the other side for a minute. I think this worked because when I finally got it working again, the bios settings had been reset.

Long story short, I eventually ended up removing two sticks of ram, and it booted. I put them back, and it didn't boot. Diagnosis confirmed. My best guess is flashing the bios means it needs to redo memory training, thus exposing bad sticks. The good news is it's working fine with my 770 now. The bad news is I need more ram.

Also Tekken 7 still looks like shit and SFV isn't a perfect 60fps. It's not really a big deal since I'd play the PC versions of those on better hardware anyway. Just putting it out there for reference.

My own personal experience of the X3 is that its the king of flake although they are quite old & have had a hard life in the arcade so by the time the the hobbyist gets them most of their nine lives have been used up.

Only one USB port was working on mine before my I/O board committed suicide.

Always start with the ram when troubleshooting... for the X3 at least it seems!

What games really benefit from a better gfx card? I had a small amount of screen tearing in KOF15 but otherwise it looks great on my stock one.

Attachments

• DSC_1035.JPG
    DSC_1035.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_1034.JPG
    DSC_1034.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_1036.JPG
    DSC_1036.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_0942.JPG
    DSC_0942.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 86
I have returned the Xeon E3-1290 v1 to the seller and got a i7-2700K. Runs fine in my TTX3. I have replaced the cpu heatsink with the Thermaltake Toughair 110 and a Noctua NF-F12 Industrial Fan.
I replaced the case fan with a NOCTUA NF-A15 HS-PWM CHROMAX.BLACK.SWAP fan. runs well and I got a near constant 60fps in SFV5 benchmark. About the same with clintcronin setup. I am running a 1060 6GB card in my ttx3. all the thermal paste on both the cpu and 1060 is replaced with Kryonaut. I am quite happy with the performance now.
How were you able to connect the NF-A15 HS-PWM to the TTX3 mother board? It looks like it has a four pin connector, and the fan header on the MB is three pin?

Isn’t the 4-pin socket keyed in such a way that it will also plug in to a 3-pin one way only?

I can personally confirm that the 1650 fits without taking the rear fan out and it leaves your FastIO & JVS header intact. The rear fan is missing in this pic since I was trying out several cards, but I reinstalled it afterward.
Hi.
Are you able to close the lid with the ssd, using that Noctua?
I cannot using a similar cpu fan....

Hi.
Are you able to close the lid with the ssd, using that Noctua?
I cannot using a similar cpu fan....

Here's the specific parts I used, and the lid does close although it was a tight fit. Maybe try spinning your SSD around the other direction on the mounting plate?

Screenshot 2023-05-08 002304.pngIMG_1229.jpg

I had picked up an MSI 1070 two fan model thinking it would be similar in size to the original 660 and 770 I've been using. It's huge. Even the back plate is too big to fit next to the dmac card. It's too long to fit with the fan, and too tall to fit with the io board.

It looks like 1660 supers are small and cheap enough. I might try one of those instead of looking for the perfect 70 series.

I know I’m late to the party but hoping that it’s feasible to get SF6 running at 1080p or even 1440p. Has anyone tried any of the extreme edition sandy bridge chips (e.g. 3980X)?

What GPU would give the best chance and still fit in the case? Thanks!

I finally got around to installing the 1660 super and it fits great in every dimension. It's a Zotac ZT-T16620F-10L.

Tekken 7 is running at an uncapped speed. I gotta see if I can mess with some vsync settings or something to reign it in.

Last edited:
I upgraded the CPU to an i7-2600, no problems. Combined with the 1660, SFV benchmark has a solid framerate at 2560x1440, max settings.

PXL_20230712_003829290.jpg

I added a Noctua NH-D9L cooler and there's no way the hard drive mount will fit with that cooler. At least not the two drive mount mine has.
Similarly I had to remove the GPU support since it's right where the 1660's power connector is.

I'm still having issues with Tekken 7. I was able to force vsync through the nvidia settings, but now it feels too slow. It really doesn't matter since I'm not gonna play season 2 anyway but I'd still like to figure it out. (Did they ever update the arcade version to 5.0/01/10? The only thing I can find is 4.20 might be the latest arcade version but I haven't found that to download anyway.)

Has anyone had success just installing steam and running the pc version of Tekken 7. Anyone try SF6 yet?

I'm still having issues with Tekken 7. I was able to force vsync through the nvidia settings, but now it feels too slow. It really doesn't matter since I'm not gonna play season 2 anyway but I'd still like to figure it out. (Did they ever update the arcade version to 5.0/01/10? The only thing I can find is 4.20 might be the latest arcade version but I haven't found that to download anyway.)
Hmm, Tekken 7 doesn’t even require much to run properly so it could be an issue with your RAM or GPU? How’s your GPU settings? Also, the latest version of Tekken 7 is still 4.20.

I think if I run it on 60hz monitors without forcing vsync it will run fine. Basically right now it runs too fast (no vsync on 144hz monitors) or too slow (force vsync in the nvidia drivers.)

Also, as much as I would prefer to play the arcade version locally, there's no point when the home version is so far ahead in patches. So it's really pointless anyway.

Dead or Alive 6 & VF eSports need a cpu, gfx card & possible ram upgrade.

Back