What's new
@300wins i just got a 780ti reference and flashed that msi bios on to it, but t7, t7-2, and fighting layer all still crash. Have you tried those games on the v4 multi with yours? Wondering if I should just try hunting a 780 at this point.

I can try this weekend. Did you play the full game or did it crash right away? And was it on Fast I/O or JVS?

I can try this weekend. Did you play the full game or did it crash right away? And was it on Fast I/O or JVS?
JVS currently but I do have both. You have v4? Fighting layer actually worked on a pre-artax build. T7 either version crash right away. Fighting layer does attract mode but crashes on a real bout. Thx for checking yours!

JVS currently but I do have both. You have v4? Fighting layer actually worked on a pre-artax build. T7 either version crash right away. Fighting layer does attract mode but crashes on a real bout. Thx for checking yours!
I had most ES3 games crash with a GTX 780 installed. Changed the PSU to a Cooler Master 750 watt and have had zero issues since.
Everything runs buttery smooth!
If the 780Ti needs more juice than a regular 780, this could be your problem.

Are you running it on a 1080p screen?
1440p screen (but system output set to 1080). Is there a setting I should confirm? I could grab a 1080p monitor and try, too

Do it, test it with a 1080p MAX screen and see if that fixes it

nope. Worth a shot though! Maybe I’ll spring for a better psu. Ideally I can get it working somehow with the 1440p because…

33A0F55E-5E8A-4A5D-9CF3-CB2CCD9DECF3.jpeg

That’s just not the same…

I do have a v4 atrax. I have both fast i/o and jvs. But my screens are 1080p screen. I will test it on Sunday night once I get back and let you know the results of my test using a 780ti.

@300wins thanks man. My new psu shows up tomorrow. Some freaking combo of things is gonna get this to work! The original 640(!) at least boots these games so I feel like I can rule out the cpu etc. fingers crossed is the psu or I just have two shoddy 780ti’s.

@BuddyC @Murray @300wins thanks for all the help. I just got a gold 750w psu installed… and the 780ti is working now! Fighting layer went right into a bout without issue. T7-2 took a minute to boot but it’s also running. Good morning…

now I just gotta figure out how to play these games :D

@ekorz Even though you resolved your issue, using the stock PSU, here are the results of the atrax v4 test using my system that has a GTX 780ti.

First I tested JVS...

Fighting EX Layer - Crashes after I go to character select screen. Makes my system reboot.
Tekken 7 - Crashes after 1 match with a video driver message. I have attached a picture.
Tekken 7 Round 2 - Crashes on the start of the 4th match, when the Heihachi video starts. I have attached a picture.

Then I tested Fast I/O using the system exact system, on a different cab that has the same monitor as the JVS cab...

Fighting EX Layer - Crashes after I go to character select screen. Makes my system reboot (just like the JVS version).
Tekken 7 - Played all the way to the last boss with no problem, other than her murdering me because I am trash tier at the game.
Tekken 7 Round 2 - Beat the game with Geese with no issue.

Note that I had no issue using a GTX 780 on Fast I/O running any of the games listed above. I played 4 matches of Fighting EX Layer with no issues.
I am glad to hear that a new PSU solved your issue. I guess I will put in a new PSU in my system with the GTX 780ti and hopefully it fixes my issue too.

Attachments

• Tekken7-JVS.jpg
    Tekken7-JVS.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Heihachi-Round2.jpg
    Heihachi-Round2.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I haven't tested atrax v4 just yet, but it seems there's quite a few "bugs" in the release.

I've been fine with the original multi as my main thing with the ttx3 was just for the nesicaxlive and ttx2 games.

So I swapped out the original 600 watt PSU today with a new 750 watt PSU and it made some of the games I was having issues with run with no problem using my GTX 780 ti. So if you're having issues, you might need to upgrade your PSU. Luckily its just standard off the shelf PC PSU. Though you probably WON'T need to swap our your PSU unless you run a GTX 780 or 780 ti (which is really overkill anywa).

Because I was bored... I decided to take the GTX 960 video card out of my Magician's Dead X4 machine and put it in the X3. No flashing the bios, just straight drop in and it works perfectly fine in it. I played through a whole game of Fighting EX Layer on easy mode and it ran perfectly fine in 1080p.

As of now, I DON'T recommend a GTX 780 TI. The normal GTX 780 works perfectly fine, but for some reason, the TI version locks up randomly when playing Fighting EX Layer. Mind you, I have upgraded my PSU to a 850 watt PSU, so it's not my power, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Was reading online that many of the newest GPUs have a hybrid bios to support both legacy and Uefi bios. I’ll toss my RTX3070 in my TTX3 for science later today. I’ve read the Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1650 works with legacy bios.

Interesting, i'm going to run some tests later, i have a few other 960's and TTX4's here.

So you're still getting 780ti lockups after the PSU upgrade?
Yes, it still locks up. I am going to try other bios later today and see what happens.

The Elsa 960 out of my after school activity unit doesn't boot in my TTX3 units. Doesn't get past the post. If you can be bothered, i would be curious to see the GPUZ of that960 video card.

Your TTX3 has the E9A46I3E v1.0b23 092614 bios file from figureheads right?
Of course, you've helped me out so much that it's the least I can do for you. So here is the GPUZ from the GTX 960 that I own. It looks exactly the same as the one you have in your system. I noticed that both of ours are the same exact bios. I've also attached the bios from mine. And yes, my machine was originally a Figureheads A, which I believe is later than any other system firmware. I wonder if that has to do with anything. I wish I knew how I could extract my Figurehead A firmware easily. When I get a chance, I will put the 960 in my other X3 machines that were Lord of Vermillion or Puzzle & Dragon.

Attachments

• GTX-960-X4.gif
    GTX-960-X4.gif
    35.5 KB · Views: 90
  • GTX-960-X4.zip
    146.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Thanks for posting that. It looks like the newer bios on figureheads might have some UEFI support cooked into it. If I had to guess i'd say it's not going to work on your LOV and P&D.
You were 100% correct that the GTX 960 from my X4 DID NOT work on either my LOV or P&D machine. So I guess the later firmware has something to do with it.

Yes, it still locks up. I am going to try other bios later today and see what happens.
So I'm trying other bios and see if it resolves my issue. Hopefully it does. Hate to see the GTX 780ti not be able to be used on my overkill x3 system.

That's a great idea. The only problem is that it takes a while before Fighting Layer crashes. Last time it took 4 matches (needs 3 wins per match to move on). I don't have a PC controller at the moment, so I'll go buy one and test it the way you suggested. Thanks.

Well, putting a different bios solved my freezing problem. I play 2 whole games, clearing them both with no freezing issue. But the 780ti that I have gets extremely hot. Much hotter than the GTX 780 for sure. But for now I'm happy the freezing problem is gone.

Are the power limits and clocks the same on the new bios file as they were on the original bios file freom that card?

What's the exact model of your card and whats the link to the bios file you're using? I can check it for you if you like.
I have the reference GTX 780ti. As for the bios I am using, it's this one: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/155135/msi-gtx780ti-3072-140115

And I don't remember what the original bios was running anymore. Haha.

Back