What's new
Anybody done this to a Vewlix Diamond Black? I’ve got the monitor off, I’ve unscrewed all the sides but it’s still attached to the frame. Looks like it’s attached to the Plexi inside the frame too.

looks like there are more screws but they are all at a funny angle....

Anybody done this to a Vewlix Diamond Black? I’ve got the monitor off, I’ve unscrewed all the sides but it’s still attached to the frame. Looks like it’s attached to the Plexi inside the frame too.

looks like there are more screws but they are all at a funny angle....
Can you take some pictures?

So I’m not sure what else to unscrew or does it just pull out? Doesn’t feel like it. Just don’t want to break it.

Attachments

• D0F96BA7-3BAD-4C57-8FBB-982F493DB548.jpeg
    D0F96BA7-3BAD-4C57-8FBB-982F493DB548.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 9CE1BD6D-861F-4AF1-AB80-E2D8324452A3.jpeg
    9CE1BD6D-861F-4AF1-AB80-E2D8324452A3.jpeg
    12.6 KB · Views: 178
  • F7817A3B-4C98-45D0-8569-5E92052F4727.jpeg
    F7817A3B-4C98-45D0-8569-5E92052F4727.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 171
So I’m not sure what else to unscrew or does it just pull out? Doesn’t feel like it. Just don’t want to break it.
My guess is, the whole assembly should pull out. Try unscrewing the top and bottom. Additional screws could be holding the assembly. The pictures are bit too small. Can you email me with additional pictures? hadouken.arcade@gmail.com

@Hadouken Arcade - I just got my bracket in and installed everything and this kit is legit! Super high quality parts and everything went together perfectly! Finally updated my busted old L-AMI monitor for a new fresh 1080p monitor and it looks amazing!

Build Quality: 10/10
Fit: 10/10
Ease of Installation: Easy
Shipping Time: Fast
Time of Completion: 35 minutes (most of which was spent taking apart my vewlix to get the monitor off)

The only issues I had on the install was pulling the frame off my old LCD monitor, but after that was done, it was pretty easy all the way through. Great product here!

Is there a consensus 'best' monitor to use for this in terms of quality? I'm running MAME / Steam games / Emulators and I'm not hyper picky about input lag (not a competitive fighter) but I don't want something obviously laggy if possible. I'm about to pull the trigger but it's hard deciding on a panel.

I just fit a Acer Predator xb321hk, it's a 4k IPS monitor, 60hz G-Sync monitor. I wanted something gsync that had really really good picture quality. And I want to say it's under 10ms of latency. You can buy it from Target's website and if you don't like the quality, return it! But it looks pretty amazing. It's like $650. I'm actually trying a few different monitors, but this is my favorite one in terms of visual quality by far. It looks like the monitor gets cut off by the frame on the left and right side by a few pixels.

The LG 32GK650F-B for Freesync and 32GK650G-B for Gsync are both excellent monitors as well, they are VA panels so their viewing angle and color pop isn't as good as an IPS monitor, but their under 5ms response time and high refresh rate really makes up for it. They are also 1440p monitors, which is a great integer scaling for arcade games and isn't as taxing on your PC as a 4k monitor.

Good to know, thanks! I'll probably grab the LG. I have my cab also running HDMI to my TV if people ever really wanted to see what was happening on the cabinet. Not a super rush on any of that given the lockdown situation.

The G version is just like the F version but with G-Sync rather than Free-Sync.
G-Sync is great if you are using with a nVidia card, but Free-Sync is more flexable/works with more devices... I'm not sure how well G-Sync plays with the OSSC and wacky scanrates for example.

I got brackets last week from @Hadouken Arcade and the new monitors today

MQH6bkR.jpg

I can confirm they fit the chewlix's that have a cross bar - only just!

xOBPjms.jpg

There's about a 5mm tolerance before touching the bar

xY4WqPy.jpg

The only issue I could see is if the monitor you get has a slightly larger back where you need to push the vesa mount towards the cross bar, then you'll run into some problems.

Installation was a breeze clean as a whistle and no holes needed to be drilled, the holes lined up perfectly and I didn't need to use any spacers at all for both my chewlix.

fF60YwR.jpg

I end up wedging some cardboard with the foam provided to give the top part of the monitor a little more sturdiness to press onto the frame as there's really nothing securing the top part of the monitor

TsOM0DO.jpg

The one thing I haven't been able to test is rotating the cab. There might be an issue for us chewlix owner's who are wanting to rotate this cab using the bracket as the bracket uses the same holes to mount the cab - I think this should be resolved by using longer screws, but I will have to test.

Overall I'm glad I made the purchase, these things are really well made. I now have two identical monitors on my chewlix so there's no more colour shifting between the cabs!

hE5L2v5.jpg

i ran a few tests the other day with these two monitors

LG 32GK650F-B 9.70ms
LG 32MN500M-B 9.30ms

both are under 10ms of latency, they are about the same with my other Asus Monitors, I did test them with the time sleuth.

The LG 32GK650F-B monitor will indeed soften the image but it's very subtle, i couldn't tell much with 2d games but with 3D games you'll notice it yet you'll need to run both monitors (1440p x 1080p) side by side to really see the difference.

The LG 32GK650F-B is a VA panel I actually don't like the color that much if I compare it with the TN and IPS monitors I have. I was wondering I could use this monitor for my PC but I find the extra resolution doesn't do much for me. I get more space but i don't see the extra sharpness on the icons nor the windows UI. You'll get more scale options with old games so there's that.

There was an issue I encountered when testing the time sleuth on LG 32MN500M-B monitor, the test bars were still blinking on the background well after i was done with the test. It lasted a few minutes until it completely disappeared. This issue never happened with LG 32GK650F-B.

Makes me wonder about the longevity of 32MN500M-B monitor, at least is half cheaper than the 32GK650F-B.

so i guess the 32MN500M-B is more than enough for me I like the IPS panel colors and extra sharpness of the graphics I'll take a chance with the quality of the monitor. For anyone interested in the LG 32GK650F-B if you want to get it a little cheaper could send me a PM I made the mistake of not running these test earlier so I can't return it anymore.

Last edited:
both are on the under 10ms of latency, they are about the same with my other Asus Monitors, I did test them with the time sleuth.
Always nice to have numbers. Which bar were you getting those readings from with the Time Sleuth? The top or the middle? People tend to measure one or the other, so it's hard to know which they used.

1080p 32" panel is pretty ideal for 'normal' Vewlix upgrade use.

both are on the under 10ms of latency, they are about the same with my other Asus Monitors, I did test them with the time sleuth.
Always nice to have numbers. Which bar were you getting those readings from with the Time Sleuth? The top or the middle? People tend to measure one or the other, so it's hard to know which they used.
1080p 32" panel is pretty ideal for 'normal' Vewlix upgrade use.
those readings I posted were from the middle part, I measured at the top of the screen as well and i was getting even lower numbers. From what I've been reading the middle part of the screen is what counts right?

those readings I posted were from the middle part, I measured at the top of the screen as well and i was getting even lower numbers. From what I've been reading the middle part of the screen is what counts right?
There are different schools of thought for "what counts", it doesn't really matter honestly, as long as you know where the measurements are taken for context.

Think of it this way. A CRT is "zero lag", but that's only from the very first line being drawn on the monitor, the gun still has to draw the whole screen one line at a time. If you're playing a fighting game running at 60fps it takes around 16ms to draw a frame. That means in the middle of the screen you technically have around 8ms of lag. Compare that with your 9.3 and that's really good. Nobody will feel that difference.

Your measurements from the top were probably more in the range of 2ms. Same lag, just different part of the screen drawing process.

The reason some people like to measure from the middle is that's more where you're probably focusing your eyes, so for real world use it's a little bit of a better number. But if you're comparing against a CRT measuring from the top is a little less confusing, because it gives you the more absolute lag difference. So a 2ms at the top LCD is 2ms laggier than a CRT.

LG 32MN500M-B 9.30ms
Oh cool, I've been eyeing this monitor. I can't for the life of me find the 32MP58HQ-P locally anymore. However, the 32MN500M-B is available and from the specs it looks more or less the same only with the addition of FreeSync (which admittedly I have little use for).

Let me know if you run into any issues with it. I'll probably grab a few of them next week.

which admittedly I have little use for
But it would give you more options for the future to have it... You could add a Jammafier+Jassifier+OSSC at any time now and it will just display. ;)

But it would give you more options for the future to have it... You could add a Jammafier+Jassifier+OSSC at any time now and it will just display.
Oh I know, but I have enough CRT cabs for jamma stuff. I just want some purty LCDs in my HD cabs.

Back