What's new

Why haven't you Pre-Ordered a Capcom Spinner yet?

• I've already placed a pre-order!

• I already Own a Capcom Push-Spinner.

• I've measured my cab and it wont fit (I'll post my cab and the measurement below).

• I have no interest in playing any of those awesome spinner games.

• Even though it's about 1/5th the price of an original spinner it's too expensive for my broke-ass.

• Other (I'll explain below in a post).

• I want one and the price is good, I just don't have the cash right now.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I did just pre-order one.. my focus is more on arkanoid (PCB and/or MisTer) but I have nothing against the added button :)

I wonder if it would be possible to have custom button caps? (I like the style of the Taito colored caps)

Need an easier supergun application in order to make the purchase. I'm a real deal or nothing kind of guy but I don't own cabs.

Need an easier supergun application in order to make the purchase. I'm a real deal or nothing kind of guy but I don't own cabs.
If you're willing to do a bit of work, here's how I solved this (to work with supergun or cab) it would be a slightly different process depending on what game you want to use it with and the fact that the forgotten worlds spinner has more to do than pulse left and right, but once you have it set up on your various spinner games/adapters it's plug and play: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/my-solution-to-the-spinner-problem.20201/

Don't think this particular spinner would fit in the enclosure I used, but something can be easily built.

Posting here as well so as many people as possible see activity in these threads and help make this happen. @Derick2k confirmed about 40 more need to be ordered to push this project to production. I'm now in for 2.

The Capcom spinners will, of course, pair nicely with one of my Vewlix Cs and I plan to install a 2-player Vewlix panel upside down to get the spinner on the right-hand side of each player as intended. I'll likely use them primarily with the F3 multi, but also look forward to using them with as many Mister games as possible. Can't wait.

Thanks again to @hursit for taking this on. Also big thanks @Derick2k and @twistedsymphony for getting the word out and interest up.

Please people I suggest you do your own measurements in the cab you are interested on installing this. I'm afraid it's not working for me in a capcom impress nor astro city.
I've build a rough volumetric cardboard trying to mimic the model measurements provided. Why? I dont think you just have to measure just the height from the lever hole to the floor base control panels as said. The maximum height the spinner has is 80mm from one side, but we can say it has at least consistently 75mm height all along the whole geometric volume. And the problem is the base of most candys control panel have a slop, so at the very center of the lever hole you may have one height but going towards you this can decrease.

20220227_165725.jpg

One of the faces height has 80mm and the others 75mm

---Taking the cardboard model to the impress ----

20220227_162748.jpg

20220227_163256.jpg

80mm at the far off point

20220227_163256.jpg

75mm at middle

20220227_163302.jpg

65mm at the very front

20220227_163013.jpg

Cardboard model standing out a little from limits

20220227_164655.jpg

Slop

I'll measure my last cab to try to fit them, and come back with measurements.
This project is a dream come true but we as users have the responsibility to take our own measurements to see where we can fit them.

@MostroVeneno
Please can you measure that from the Joystick hole to bottom ?
you can remove your joystick from your panel, and put inside your metric. Then we can see how much space we have

EDIT: I think @Derick2k moved the pcb little bit UPPER and the spinner is 73mm High Now

Last edited:
@MostroVeneno
Please can you measure that from the Joystick hole to bottom ?
you can remove your joystick from your panel, and put inside your metric. Then we can see how much space we have

EDIT: I think @Derick2k moved the pcb little bit UPPER and the spinner is 73mm High Now
Yes I can, let me check and I get back with confirmation. Are you sure all it takes is just measure the height from joystick hole to bottom without consideration of the whole spinner volume and slop in most candy cabs?
Anyway I think 73mm looks more promising.

please check this,
it is 73

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 87
75mm in astro from joystick lever to bottom.
I don't have a proper impress panel so I measured with the astro one and it's around the same 75mm.
20220228_080741.jpg

Screenshot_20220228-081403_Chrome.jpg

The pcb ( circled blue ) has moved up to the 73mm range since then?

More dimensions if anyone is interested.
For capcom Q-25 you have 80mm from the center joystick aperture to the bottom AND towards the panel inferior border and 72mm from the center joystick aperture to the bottom AND towards the upper panel border. So you must try to fit within those ranges or hack someway a metal protuberance part interfering in the bottom.

Whoah. Never seen a tape measure without Imperial measuring units before.

You can adjust the pcb on the spinner, so I have moved up. If you have about 75-76mm clearance in height you should be good.

You can adjust the pcb on the spinner, so I have moved up. If you have about 75-76mm clearance in height you should be good.
Yeah just contributing with dimensions maybe they are useful for somebody.

Here is my measurement of vewlix, I rounded it off to 80mm, if I take away 3.75mm for the thickness of the panel/mounting bracket on Alberto's repro, it leaves me with an interior height of about 75.25mm and the spinner fits just fine in that space.

1646082410744.png

I'm aware you can get away among those ranges with a flat surface like vewlix, not sure to list astro/ impress type as compatible cabs unless someone fits the real thing there and confirms.

Back