What's new
I updated the menu - and while it saves the "USA" setting from boot to boot, it seems locked into "Japan" mode for region - as I get the "This game can only be played in Japan" for at least the three I tried.

Matt
Another issue I have is having change my region settings every time I power on my system. On top of that whenever I hit reset the game will always return to my default JPN AES console settings.
which BIOS do you have? Stock BIOS? UNIBIOS? Which region?
Stock BIOS, I think Japan region - what is the best way to tell? And yes - on the 4/1 menu.

So... I am still getting very troublesome audio issues on my end. Not all games, mind you, and not all the time... but often enough, that it is not ignorable.

Just started Sonic Wings 2, and a handful of samples just "screach" in your ear. Similar to MSlug3 I said earlier. Sometimes, resetting and reseating the cart helps. But... I can't play like this. None of my original games have this (so I'd say I would rule out my NeoGeo in this, but I have to do more extensive tests, i.e. find one of my games, that has this issue and then not being able to replicate it with the flash cart). Now I will try a different SD card, as the one I used for the MultiAES was just one I still had lying around. Now I'll try a "known good" one.

I'll post a video on the weekend, showing my issues.

@komadori it's most probably an issue with the cart. I have a 3-6 and it works flawless here.
Can you tell me which microSD do you have? Is it a SDHC or SDXC?
What says the section About in the menu?

Hello:
I have received Darksoft Multi AES cartridge and I have installed a 32 GB micro SD card with FAT32 format.
The system pack for AES and the update pack is working but when I run roms in the slots in 2 or 3 minutes my Neo Geo Japanese AES makes sound corrosion for a few seconds and the screen turns black.
The only way to recover is menu system is to activate Unibios menu with a reset and start over.
I have cleaned the Neo Geo AES slot contacts of my console and Multi AES cartridge contacts, but the same problem happens again.
And with original games cartridges the AES works perfectly.
Do you know why this happens and how to solve it?
My console has replaced the original BIOS for Unibios 3.2 of Razoola.
Thank you!

Hello Isaias, can you tell me which Revision is your board and send a picture of the section ABOUT in the menu?

The revision is silk-screened on the motherboard. You can see it from the cart slot opening. It's on the far right.

i have had 1 problem with audio in metalslugx after stage 1,there was no more audio. after reset i have make a new game and it is ok

@komadori it's most probably an issue with the cart. I have a 3-6 and it works flawless here.
Can you tell me which microSD do you have? Is it a SDHC or SDXC?
What says the section About in the menu?
yeah. Seems like it.

The cheap card is a 8gb sdhc, the other one a 32gb sdhc uhs-1

Both have the same issue... I could replicate the issue with Fatal Fury Special, which I own on cart too. And my original cart has no issues. So I am sure it's not my AES.

The about section photo is attached below.

Also I seem to have the same issue as Isaia. Sound corrosion is a good way of putting it. And sometimes, a reset does help sometimes, but not always (I did play MSlug3 with and without sound issues). My AES has both an original jpn bios and Unibios 3.2(via switchless mod). The issues comes up for either bios. So I don't think it's related here.

Attachments

• IMG_20190404_172509.jpg
    IMG_20190404_172509.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
It's clear. Thanks for info. We'll have a look at it as soon as we can.

I got a 5V 3A plug but nothing happens when I turn on the Console. I have read something about changing the polarity? Do I need to cut the cable and wire it with the cable switched?

Or can I use a Mega Drive1 UK power adapter ?

The power adapter I use with my AES is rated 5v 1.5A DC and 9V 1.0A AC

Last edited:
No it says PRO-POW, yeah I'll not go plugging stuff in

Just don't know why the 5V 3A power supply does not work!

most probably you're using a psu which doesn't have the polarity inversed. In neogeo the minus aka GND aka black cable goes inside. See picture attached of my PSU.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190401-223844_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190401-223844_Gallery.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 232
Tried it with a friends PSU rated at 5V-6V with 3.6A and I still did not get any sound on my revision (NEO AES) I got small artifacts on screen when we set it to 5V and these went away when we set it to 6V

I know you have suggested using a 5V 5A supply, but I have not got one to test, cheers

please refer from doing any experiments. Well get back to you with the proper solution as soon as we got it.

Generally 3.6 rev works with 9/10v psu, all 3.6 console I've tested with the multi (like 30 or 40) where fully fonctionnal with original psu or 10v 1.25a one

Hello,when I go up and start, when I come to the menu with slot 1, 2 and 3 and I want to change the game by pressing select, it does not work?

Sorry for my message instead of selecting start I selected select.Now everything works correctly

Last edited:
Back