What's new
Taobao website is a bit confusing, you need to be extra careful since the "variation" can be misleading. This is like that in general, and in past I have asked the agents to double check since they understand English and Chinese. Easiest way of check is when you click on a variation, the photo changes along with the name, unless one knows Chinese, best to use a translator or ask the agent. Hopefully this is sorted out.

Last edited:
You didn't tell me that your order was the one, and I didn't know that the order was placed by that person, nor did the purchaser contact me to place the order directly.

Pffffttt. The man advertises a multi C-board. Posts a link. I also message him asking how to buy it. He sends me a link. No where during the time when I ordered this was anyone told there was another C-board that he produced. And if he did, why embed a different product in the same listing? Also, extracing customer supportis impossible, as you can see.

Fuck it, I don't think @lydz will do anything about this. I am going to have to take an L on this.

You didn't tell me that your order was the one, and I didn't know that the order was placed by that person, nor did the purchaser contact me to place the order directly.
It is very hard to communicate with you. I know there is a language barrier. But help me correct this.

Also, help yourself and provide better documentation on your product. And market it so that it can be transacted easier.

The price difference is so much, don't you understand?

No man. There is no information at all on the Taobao website. When you click on on picture vs the other, the price stays the same.

Why would you put a different product up on the same listing anyway?

It is very hard to communicate with you. I know there is a language barrier. But help me correct this.
Also, help yourself and provide better documentation on your product. And market it so that it can be transacted easier.
Thanks for your idea

Can you PM me and I can buy it from you directly (as long as you can send it to the US)? The Taobao website is impossible to use from within the US.

As for the 3 boards that I did receive, explain what they do. I have to resell them now because they don't work for my needs.

Can you PM me and I can buy it from you directly (as long as you can send it to the US)? The Taobao website is impossible to use from within the US.

As for the 3 boards that I did receive, explain what they do. I have to resell them now because they don't work for my needs.
They're just standard B-21 C boards.

They're just standard B-21 C boards.
I wonder if they are all modified?

Has anyone tried to find another member of A-P can can help to close the language barrier a little bit? I don't think badgering him with more frustrated English is going to help at this point.

I looked at the TaoBao listing a few days ago - seemed pretty clear that there were two versions of the board, one with dipswitches and one without. I ran the page using Chrome's built in translation - I don't speak a lick the language/dialect that this listing is in. The price difference seems appropriate to indicate one is just a generic board, and one is priced way higher to indicate a more customized product. If I'm not mistaken, the cheap one (labeled specifically "emerald green cps-b21") is like $11 USD, and the more expensive (labeled "blue cps-b-xx") is closer to $40 USD. For all of this work and the potential for being a game-changer to CPS1 collecting, $11 seems WAY too good to be true for such a new, customized product. I'd assume one saying B-21 and the other B-xx would indicate one is specifically B-21, the other is "universal". I also get that he sent a link directly to the listing - messing with the site a bit, I can't generate a link directly to the b-xx version of the board. Only to the listing as a whole. It seems as though lydz assumed that people knew how to use TaoBao - that seems like an honest mistake, given how... sub-optimally... that site is assembled, combined with the language barrier.

It's also clear that there is very little documentation at the moment. TaoBao isn't terribly user friendly to English speakers. I'm just trying to look at this as both a third party watching this exchange, and as someone who is interested in this product. I'd hate to see this guy run off of the site since he brings neat new stuff to the table, assuming that the only issue here is a language barrier. Personally, I'd be interested in buying and testing out one the options with dipswitches right now, if I could buy it somewhere that I'm more comfortable with.

I think a ton of people here would be immediate buyers of this product if the language gap can be bridged. Maybe one of the mods know someone that can help translate/mediate?

Last edited:
Sadly, I bought these for 2 World Warrior boards and a Hyper Fighting board. I'll have to dump these on the market. They are useless for me. So hard to get service/support/delivery for this product.

Sadly, I bought these for 2 World Warrior boards and a Hyper Fighting board. I'll have to dump these on the market. They are useless for me. So hard to get service/support/delivery for this product.
I might be able to use them, I'll shoot you a PM.

someone need help with chinese?

i got my SSF2 CE cps1 board from taobao, also as mentioned i partner with a seller making products called Axun

My wife is and we live in Nanjing,China.

I am from USA

My wife is and we live in Nanjing,China.

I am from USA
PM incoming.

I know that @Apocalypse posted info about similar efforts from aje_fr and undamned. But neither of those two solutions can be purchased as of now. Plus there is the prohibitive factor that the user may have to source their own CPS-B-21's now that the wild stock has dryed up. Also, aje_fr doesn't distribute outside of France, if I am not mistaken. I am also aware that this product doesn't work with CPS1-B-16. But that doesn't impact me.

A buddy of mine has a contact in China that ordered this for me. Then sent it over. Cost of Taobao shipping to the US is one's first born child. Had I known there was another version of this product, I would have given more specific instructions. But I am in the US, behind my work's firewall, using Firefox, and translating via Google, and if I click one pic or the other, the price doesn't change from where I am at. Taobao's site may not work in my situation. Documentation is poor, even to a Chinese speaker in China. I guess the only thing one can do is order the more expensive one, and cross your fingers hoping that is the right one; which is what I will do because..........

........I will contribute to getting this working and will post results and more information on use for the community (and myself). I am working on the spreadsheet with dip settings for each game and will post that shortly. Obtaining this product and information about this product has been a hugely frustrating experience. I realize there is a language barrier, but I can't help but to feel like I am being fucked with. Almost as if I ordered a product from that "other" multi producer, and am asking for support. I'll give @lydz the benefit of the doubt that none of these things are intentional and is a result of character limitations. Isn't that what we all need now anyway? More understanding, less conflict?

I am trying reeeeeeeal hard to be the Sherpherd. - Jules Winnfield

Back