What's new
For Sale
Reaction score
My account was hacked today and I am completely locked out. I did not create the taito type x thread nor do I even have one. The same just happened with @statix138 it seems. I am in discussions with @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi-w . If something seems to good to be true or fishy we need to re-evaluate the situation. Step back and think a moment. It was fast and the bastard changed my account e-mail. I am truly sorry to whoever was caused grief by this. It wasn't my fault but I still feel really shitty about it having my name slapped on it. Be careful with your money and as much as I hate to say it G&S or verified PP accounts you know only.

Shit man, I'm sorry. Extra bullshit to be added to people's days as if we don't have enough to worry about. This is supposed to be a safe haven of Arcade nerds running around. Feels really sickening and you can't do shit about it. I sent frantic messages around discord before I realized I had the mods paypal and could message on there. There was literally no way to say hey I didn't change my email. I created another account to try and interject but it was awaiting approval so I couldn't message or post or anything. I could only sit and watch....I feel dirty.

Shit man, I'm sorry. Extra bullshit to be added to people's days as if we don't have enough to worry about. This is supposed to be a safe haven of Arcade nerds running around. Feels really sickening and you can't do shit about it. I sent frantic messages around discord before I realized I had the mods paypal and could message on there. There was literally no way to say hey I didn't change my email. I created another account to try and interject but it was awaiting approval so I couldn't message or post or anything. I could only sit and watch....I feel dirty.
Bro, shit like this happens and will keep happening. There will always be scammers trying to steal people $$$. We just gotta stay a little more vigilant and help each other by looking out is all. Hopefully it was caught in time and minimal damage was done. We need to find out if the accounts hacked are an isolated incident or AP's database is compromised. Im sure the mods are already working on this though. I urge everyone to change their passwords and set up 2 step verification.

Bro, shit like this happens and will keep happening. There will always be scammers trying to steal people $$$. We just gotta stay a little more vigilant and help each other by looking out is all. Hopefully it was caught in time and minimal damage was done. We need to find out if the accounts hacked are an isolated incident or AP's database is compromised. Im sure the mods are already working on this though. I urge everyone to change their passwords and set up 2 step verification.
Unfortunately you're right man. Good words man.

+1 for 2FA. I did not know that arcade projects supported it, now I do. Have enabled it now.

My account had also been locked out for several days "you have insufficient privileges to post here". Assumed it was just standard internet weirdness, but also possibly locked due to multiple failed logins. I've also had loads of failed logins from exotic locations around the world on my email account, so timely reminder to set up MFA there too.

Really sorry to hear that my story had a happier ending than some of the others. For those affected please remember that your contribution is valued and appreciated - it can sometimes be hard to feel positive after something like this. Don't let the barstards get you down! This community wants you in it.

What's pretty scary is that the scammer seems to know enough about desirable arcade hardware to price stuff that isn't in "way too good to be true immediate red flag" territory, and also include correct photos of everything. This person did some homework if they weren't already familiar.

The right things were said in terms of what made the fake TTX3 post desirable (upgraded GPU, and hard drive filled with Atrax stuff and other data), and it isn't immediately obvious from a pricing standpoint to be suspicious (maybe oddly low considering free shipping and a GTX1650... but not totally unbelievable).

The other scam post had more unbelievable prices, with only Gunbird 2 being close to but still far below typical market prices. Still had photos and kept up with "sold" items to maintain a sense of legitimacy.

It would have been very easy to fall for those two posts, that's for sure. There's a good chance it would've gotten me if I happened to be in the market for any of those things.

The scammer is just logging into accounts using the password. No site hacking. Search your email at haveibeenpwned.com. If your email has been involved in hacks you may want to consider changing your email in addition to changing your password EVERYWHERE. Using two-step is very smart too.

Someone recently hacked my Netflix account and then tried to directly access my email account but two-step stopped them cold.

Well, this was fun to wake up to. Apologies to anyone who got caught up with this, anyone who has dealt with me knows I am incredibly honest and upfront. If you got caught up with this let me know and I will do whatever I can to assist in helping. I typically use 2FA where I can to prevent stuff like this and didn't even know AP supported it; I guess will be updating that in the future if I can ever recover my old account.

The other scam post had more unbelievable prices, with only Gunbird 2 being close to but still far below typical market prices. Still had photos and kept up with "sold" items to maintain a sense of legitimacy.

Yeah, because this jackass used my legit sales post and slashed all the prices to absurd levels and leveraged my photos I already posted. Funny enough, I did sell Gunbird 2 for that price. Bakaraid and Garegga were already sold, and not at those prices, and I guess I hadn't gone back to update my post. Again, apologies for whomever got caught up in this crap.

Statix138 is a top seller and great dude, sucks this happened. Changed my own password and enabled 2FA (Had no idea it even existed on this site).

Seems very suspicious that two unrelated accounts got hacked on here in close proximity to each other. I'd be doing some extensive troubleshooting and research to ensure this wasn't an internal database leak.

Thanks for the tip, I've enabled 2FA on my own account.

As a rule I NEVER use the same password twice, it's good practice to ensure if some website somewhere gets compromised that password they get of yours is essentially worthless for anything other than the site that got hacked.

Most important is to use a safe and unique password for your mail account. As with your mail account most of the passwords can be reset.

Sorry to everyone affected, and especially @ImportantBet.

In addition to 2FA, I recommend using a password manager. It trivializes making good, unique passwords for every site, so you neither reuse passwords nor need to remember/track a thousand different passwords.

I use the Google password manager that’s built into Chrome and Android, so apps and Chrome can both auto-fill passwords. Only on rare occasions do I need to copy a password manually from the password manager. (minor edit to clarify)

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear this happened, did not know 2FA was supported but have added that myself now too. I hope the affected buyer(s) are able to get reimbursed by their payment institution. If you go through your bank they may be able to do more than PayPal.

Back