What's new
his was the first time I tried burning my own eproms, with a TL866ii-plus. For the most part it all worked out, except I was having trouble burning the SOUND eprom (27c322), and the PROMSEG (27c512). Thanks to @ShootTheCore for helping me with the SOUND eprom, as for the PROMSEG, I had to lower my VPP Voltage to 12.5 to get it to successfully program.

having issues burning the 27C322 with GQ-4x4. this thread is talking about my issues so I've erased them for 2 hours, still fails to verify but trying them, they appear to work just fine:

IMG_6423.jpg

IMG_6422.jpg

heavy beast indeed! :) thanks again to Hammy and Caius!

IMG_6424.jpg

Last edited:
having issues burning the 27C322 with GQ-4x4. this thread is talking about my issues so I've erased them for 2 hours, still fails to verify but trying them, they appear to work just fine:

heavy beast indeed! :) thanks again to Hammy and Caius!
Didn’t read that thread, but I found that if I lowered the voltage to 12.5v when writing, the troublesome eproms would eventually write.

well I might have spoken too fast:
The following were not working:

9 plus a
10 shingne
11 p47
12 jitsu
13 Big striker
14 EDF proto
15 kick
16 makai

...which are the second half of the games so I figured they were on CPU2 and wrote another one. All games are loading now, some are freezing, others are not so I guess I need to keep at it and burn until it works! I was on the edge about the PROMAN burner for the system18 but if it can burn these ROMS, I'll get it !

I guess I need to keep at it and burn until it works!
I had a lot of trouble with those chips and my GQ4x4 back when I was using that burner.

a couple things to try.
1. note that when you "erase" a chip it turns all bits to 1s and then when you "program" it flips some of those 1s to 0s. so if you're trying to program the same code over and over again you don't have to erase between writes can actually program multiple times and sometimes just running program 2-3 times in a row can help it take.

2. place the chip all the way to one side of the socket, clamp it down, then slide the chip towards the other side of the socket. this can help the legs scrape inside the socket and helps get better contact if the legs are dirty or oxidized. Since you're using an adapter you can do this with both the chip in the adapter and the adapter in the programmer.

3. after burning remove the chip, then put it back in the socket and verify again.

...which are the second half of the games so I figured they were on CPU2
Correct,
If the chip does not verify then you will get problems.
Use the new CPU2 file :)

It's also a B Type motherboard. Does the multi support the B-Type connectors?
Yep, the multi is generic connectors so fits both jap and world boards.

Tried 3 chip that wouldn't write.

tried 4th one:
Writing... Code Buffer
Elapsed time: 103.73 seconds.
Device write completed OK
ID check skipped
Verifying... Code Buffer
Device is verified
Elapsed time: 96.68 seconds.
1.jpg

no games are loading from CPU2
2.jpg

reverify:
Verifying... Code Buffer
VerifyFailed, Address=0x000000, Device=0x1F, Buffer=0x0F
VerifyFailed
Elapsed time: 2.25 seconds.
ID check skipped

rewrite
Writing... Code Buffer
Elapsed time: 510.37 seconds.
Device write completed OK
ID check skipped
Verifying... Code Buffer
VerifyFailed, Address=0x00608E, Device=0xFF, Buffer=0x00
VerifyFailed
Elapsed time: 77.61 seconds.

mutha...

EDIT:

Tried it and EVERYTHING appears to be working!! will play more later but games I hadn't been able to load at all are loading and no freezes!
That damn 27C322 was a challenge all right! ( and it has nothing to do with the multi of course!)
1.jpg
1.jpg

Last edited:
I would recommend buying a decent programmer for the 27c322 chips. You need something which can supply enough programming voltage. Buy a Batego, Elnec, Dataman or Xeltek.

Yeah it could also be faulty rom at this point... with the errors there will be something wrong, but you have not found it yet....

That one on eBay is pretty cheap, but it looks like it has problems during the cut scenes. Is that ROM board related (which would be great b/c the multi replaces the ROM board) or is it a motherboard issue? Or, I guess, unknown so it could be either?

That one on eBay is pretty cheap, but it looks like it has problems during the cut scenes. Is that ROM board related (which would be great b/c the multi replaces the ROM board) or is it a motherboard issue? Or, I guess, unknown so it could be either?
I don’t think it’s that cheap considering it’s faulty ( there could be more faults). Last fully working one went for just under $200. It’s probably because the listing has been posted on this thread that it’s pushed the price up

I don’t think it’s that cheap considering it’s faulty ( there could be more faults). Last fully working one went for just under $200. It’s probably because the listing has been posted on this thread that it’s pushed the price up
Holy shit, it went for over $300 plus shipping!

Holy shit, it went for over $300 plus shipping!
Yeah. Ebay not exactly the place to buy if you want a deal these days. I bought something on there about a month ago and the seller tried to sell me the same thing on facebook..... then I bought a couple of junk boards cheap and the seller didn't bother posting them. Ebay is shit

I had $150 on that P-47 as a spare to use on a project. Bowed out because I got a fully working P-47 a week earlier for $90USD. Now I know why.

If I'm understanding correctly, it doesn't matter what he's expecting -- its still a best offer auction. Just comes down to what people are willing to pay. We will see!

Back