What's new
DSB2, SoikeOut FE uses it to play the music.
VF3 doesn't use it, so disregard that for your situation.
They called this "mixer board" and yes it Is necessary to obtain a proper stereo sound from Model 3 latest games like spike out

Last edited:
They called this "mixer board" and yes it Is necessary to obtain a proper stereo sound from Model 3
I'm very much interested in stereo audio - need to check all of what I have as this project has been shelved for the past year

I'm very much interested in stereo audio - need to check all of what I have as this project has been shelved for the past year
VF3 and your Model 3 loom will give you stereo sound.
CN7 or CN8 is stereo output, normally you adjust the sound using the volume dial underneath the control panel.
They called this "mixer board" and yes it Is necessary to obtain a proper stereo sound from Model 3
You don't need the mixer board or DSB2 with VF3 using model 3 loom on Blast City.
All sounds are generated from the game stack from CN7 or CN8.

What is a fair price for a Virtua Fighter 2 board? I know that this is as-is but can you guys tell me anything wrong with it? I was thinking of offering $200 ish with shipping and then sending it to Ken at i repair sega if necessary.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126219063520

IMG_2021.jpeg

IMG_2022.jpeg

What is a fair price for a Virtua Fighter 2 board? I know that this is as-is but can you guys tell me anything wrong with it? I was thinking of offering $200 ish with shipping and then sending it to Ken at i repair sega if necessary.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126219063520
Did you look at all the pics throughly?
I don't think it's worth sending to Ken for repairs personally. He may charge quite a bit for this level of damage. He usually troubleshoots and fixes issues, malfunctions, etc but these repairs are physical and I'm not 100% He has donor boards or some of these parts but worth an ask. I would honestly buy a known working one from a member here instead. Just my opinion from what I see in those pics.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240223-181947_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240223-181947_eBay.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20240223-181939_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240223-181939_eBay.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20240223-181906_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240223-181906_eBay.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 27
Did you look at all the pics throughly?
I don't think it's worth sending to Ken for repairs personally. He may charge quite a bit for this level of damage. He usually troubleshoots and fixes issues, malfunctions, etc but these repairs are physical and I'm not 100% He has donor boards or some of these parts but worth an ask. I would honestly buy a known working one from a member here instead. Just my opinion from what I see in those pics.
Dodged a bullet on that one. I took a Quick Look but didn’t zoom. I think I’ll take your advice and look here. Thank you!

If I cannot end up getting my MS8 chassis for my Astro City 2 fixed , could I just buy this adapter and an an MS9 chassis and install it in the Astro 2?

1709091390496.png

I toyed with the idea of trying to find a VMU2 and integrating it into the control panel on the NNC.

Anyone seen that done with any type of VMU? Or does anyone have experience with Dreamcast VMUs in a cab?

With these Brooks Retro Boards is my only option to save to a VMU switching a regular Dreamcast controller to port 1 saving then disconnecting and plugging in the arcade sticks back into the Dreamcast?

My thought was I’ll put a regular Dreamcast controller with VMU in port 3 most of the time and try to save there if games support that.

But I think it would be cool to play Shenmue or a game like that on a NNC which would require saving often. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2117.jpeg
    IMG_2117.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 29
I see that wireless fighting pad has a VMU holder that plugs in. Wonder if I could just use that with an extender?

1709508706425.png

I have a VF2 board that I bought almost 20 years ago, before I knew anything, and didn’t realize it required a medium resolution monitor. It was listed as working at the time, but I still don’t have a medium res monitor, so I have no way of testing it. It’s been JAMMAfied, and plugging it in I see one red LED and all the green LEDs light up. On my standard res screen, I see a bunch of unsynced colored lines flying around. The colors change over time, so it might be outputting video?

Anyway, I’d be happy to sell it to you as-is for a good price. Or if there’s a member in the San Jose area who has the hardware to test it, I can work with them to figure out if it’s working. Also happy to provide more pics and video. Just LMK!

IMG_5144.jpeg

I have a VF2 board that I bought almost 20 years ago, before I knew anything, and didn’t realize it required a medium resolution monitor. It was listed as working at the time, but I still don’t have a medium res monitor, so I have no way of testing it. It’s been JAMMAfied, and plugging it in I see one red LED and all the green LEDs light up. On my standard res screen, I see a bunch of unsynced colored lines flying around. The colors change over time, so it might be outputting video?

Anyway, I’d be happy to sell it to you as-is for a good price. Or if there’s a member in the San Jose area who has the hardware to test it, I can work with them to figure out if it’s working. Also happy to provide more pics and video. Just LMK!

IMG_5144.jpeg

The medium-resolution cabs would be NNC, New Astro, Blast City? I would be interested if you have a way to test it! I think I would try to stick it in my Blast City.

If you can post some pics and or videos here for myself and some of the great ppl on this thread to check out that would appreciated! I don't know what to look for other than obvious damage which I have a skill for missing lol. Thank you!

I just remembered I have an old supergun I built from around the same era. It’s possible the video converter in there can handle medium resolution sources. I’ll try it out tomorrow.

No dice with the supergun. An acquaintance of mine has a couple of cabs with dual sync monitors and is willing to help test the board out. We’re shooting for Sunday. Will keep you updated.

Hey my friends. I may be very close to Virtua Fighter 3 Blast City Glory.

I bought a custom made Model 3 Blast City specific wiring harness.

I connected these to the filter board based on the labels. I had to flip CN8 and CN14 which made me nervous but I guess that’s the only way they will plugin.

Can someone check my work so far and tell me where on the Blast City to plugin my cables from the Model 3 Blast Harness?

A bit nervous as my resume for breaking shit lately has been superb. Thank you!

IMG_2173.jpeg

IMG_2177.jpeg

IMG_2179.jpeg

Assuming the one I am holding in my hand is unused? It is not labeled.

IMG_2175.jpeg

IMG_2183.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_2201.jpeg

Ok I think I got it mostly figured it out. I just pulled the jamma harness out of the blast and took pics of what I was disconnecting. Connected the 4 plugs on the new Model 3 harness into the equivalent ports. 2 power and the 2 other ones

IMG_2198.jpeg

I just don’t know what this one is for? Looks like it should plug into filter board or the stack 2 pin connection but I can’t find anything. Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 11
Back