What's new

ShootTheCore

Champion
Reaction score
I have a CPS3 UltraSIMM kit and original SF3 New Generation cart on battery here that I'm programming and testing for @Anselmo .

With the cart, I've removed the battery, carefully desoldered the flash chip, erased it, reprogrammed it with the UltraBIOS_for_custom_SH2_AUTOSELECT_v1.0_NOCD file and resoldered the chip into place. It boots up to the region select menu but it freezes after selecting a region no matter what region I select. I've tried switching games but the same behavior occurs. Everything boots and works fine when I switch carts to my Darksoft cart.

Is there something else I need to do with this cart to get it working? Did I flash the wrong file? I verified that the chip was flashed correctly before resoldering it to the board.

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
Well your Darksoft cart is standard and the other cart has the custom FW on it. Since it boots with your DS cart that means you need to reprogram the two program simms with the custom files instead of the standard files. ;)

ShootTheCore

Champion
Reaction score
Well your Darksoft cart is standard and the other cart has the custom FW on it. Since it boots with your DS cart that means you need to reprogram the two program simms with the custom files instead of the standard files. ;)

Yep, that was the problem - I had flashed the wrong code to SIMMs 1 and 2. I reprogrammed them and it's working 100% now.

Thanks for setting me straight @Mitsurugi-w - I should have known better on that issue! :P