What's new
Were you able to play King of Dragons? It won't let me start the game. My board is 12mhz dash mobo.
I tested two revisions on a 12MHz mobo: 910805 Japan and World. Everything works fine. What problem do you have exactly?

I tested with Japanese game version. The game can boot up but when I press start, it'll only reduce the credit counter and remaining on the same screen.

I was able to reproduce the bug. Indeed, it comes from the dip switch settings.

EDIT : I was wrong, it's just that the game required more coins to start, but it works.

Last edited:
I remember I set my dip switch settings to all Off. Did you set all Off to get it to work?

I remember I set my dip switch settings to all Off. Did you set all Off to get it to work?
I edited my last message. For this game (on my set) it works regardless of the dip switch settings. But it's better to put everything on OFF to test when there is a problem.

Let me test again with dip switch settings all set to Off and put more credit to start. Thank you.

that game will reduce down to 1 credit normally, iirc. i know theres one of em on the multi that does

I tested again. It's working for me now. The weird thing was I set all Off for all Dip Switches but it's still Free Play. Previously I set it to Free Play by setting dip switch C #3 On. Maybe it's not fully set to Off yet. But I'm glad it's working now.

I tested again. It's working for me now. The weird thing was I set all Off for all Dip Switches but it's still Free Play. Previously I set it to Free Play by setting dip switch C #3 On. Maybe it's not fully set to Off yet. But I'm glad it's working now.
You can do more tests later. The most important thing is to play :thumbup: !

I wonder if the dip switch functionality is different?
I can only speak about daimakaimura resale DIP switches.

DIP settings on resale are different than the regular versions. You can use the DIP switches to choose the starting level.

DIP settings on resale are different than the regular versions. You can use the DIP switches to choose the starting level.

That's a cool feature. The first two dips for the level select also control the # of starting lives. It's kinda like a debug feature made it's way into the final version.
1941 also has a level select, but I think it only works when it's set to free play.

Are you sure (I don't remember that) ? Please, what would be the settings to choose the starting level? (so that I can test as soon as possible)

that game will reduce down to 1 credit normally, iirc. i know theres one of em on the multi that does
Thos behavior has already been explained. It happens in the original as well if you have a 12Mhz A Board instead of 10 MHz. It happens only in the main screen. To bypass it, insert only one credit and it will allow you to start the game. Now you can add more credits or players, if you want.

Thos behavior has already been explained. It happens in the original as well if you have a 12Mhz A Board instead of 10 MHz. It happens only in the main screen. To bypass it, insert only one credit and it will allow you to start the game. Now you can add more credits or players, if you want.
Interesting thanks for this clarification.

Back