What's new
For Sale
At the right price I'd take a gamble on one. Gonna need a shit ton of work so I'm talking sub $1000 for sure. The big thing you wanna see with a Q25 is what condition the wood is in. Even though this is a candy, it's got a good amount of wood used in the construction. Heavy as a son of a bitch too.

The other factor is if the monitor has rotating mech as that's not always a guarantee.

@DecepticonZero they are worth that much? I'll get him to take a look once they get to them. Have to see how many are working and in what condition. If there is enough interest
I think $2500 for a clean one is fair. Using my home state as an example, I've seen one Q25 as opposed to 5-10 minicutes. If a minicute is selling for $3000+, I think it's a fair valuation on a cute. I mean shit, I've seen a clean NAC get $1200, and there is a metric shit ton of those in the market.

That being said, I didn't see the picture that was posted until after I made that quote. Those machines pictured are not $2500 condition. The repro artwork is out there and I sure you can get a redone control box, but I'd say conservatively you're talking $500 to get them back into fighting condition. Coupled with what I'm assuming will be massive import fees, I think if you can get them for sub $1000, you'll come out above water enough for sure.

Last edited:
At the right price I'd take a gamble on one. Gonna need a shit ton of work so I'm talking sub $1000 for sure. The big thing you wanna see with a Q25 is what condition the wood is in. Even though this is a candy, it's got a good amount of wood used in the construction. Heavy as a son of a bitch too.

The other factor is if the monitor has rotating mech as that's not always a guarantee.
Which parts are wood? Does a standard 25" WG monitor fit in the cab as a monitor replacement?

Which parts are wood? Does a standard 25" WG monitor fit in the cab as a monitor replacement?
i know the base for sure is wood, and I believe some of the bracing on the side is as well. If the base is rotted out, the wood I'm.sure is replaceable, but I wouldn't spend more then a few hundred on the machine at that point.

If it's a stationary monitor I'd assume with some McGuyvering, you could get a k7000 in there. The ones with the rotating mech I would say would need the original monitor. The mech in the Q25 machines shits all over the Egret 2 as it's pin based. Pull the pin, spin the monitor and pop the pin back in. I consider those machines to be the cream of the crop for the plastic body cabs.

Q Frame.jpg

The whole frame/body. Here is one stripped.

q stripped.jpg

I haven't measured for the monitor yet, I will when I have the time for my documentation thread. The picture shown of the CP with all buttons, also has 2 buttons off the CP drilled into the horizontal support that is metal. That support holds the Quick release connectors and the lockdown that removes the Control Panel. :(

@DecepticonZero Is right on price. These cabs are harder to find than Mini Cute. They also have more features than most cabs and not all of them came with the Rotation Mech.

I'd even go as far as a complete clean cab working with all the features is worth even more.

@Decepticomzero and ReplicaX- thanks for the feedback:).. that cab naked like that looks very strange for a candy.. like a nock off.

Yes thanks for the knowledge bomb. I'll see what they want for them

@Decepticomzero and ReplicaX- thanks for the feedback:).. that cab naked like that looks very strange for a candy.. like a nock off.
They were made in 1993 and its like an oddball hybrid, plastic shells, but metal reinforced. The CP, hood, doors, coin box, and supports are all metal.

Here is the CP and its unique quick release feature.
DSC_0019.JPG

Picture on the right shows the lockdown and all the wiring goes to a slide connector. There is no straight wiring of the controls to the JAMMA Harness like the majority of Candies.

Attachments

• DSC00101.JPG
    DSC00101.JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 61
@ReplicaX is pretty much the only person you'll stumble across with this much knowledge of this cab. In the small circle of friends I have in this hobby, I feel each one of us has a specific cab that we're extremely knowledgeable about, and the Q25 is his wheelhouse for sure.

Interesting. Now I have to go back to my guy. Those are the same pics I got

Looks like one 40ft container is already heading to the UK (roughly 36 cabs, unless they make it two story):

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=38682

Not sure why the seller is trying to pass them off as coming from Japan, but there you go.
It looks like them based on the row of cabs but at least he is selling them at an excellent price and not trying to charge an arm an a leg.

Looks like one 40ft container is already heading to the UK (roughly 36 cabs, unless they make it two story):

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=38682

Not sure why the seller is trying to pass them off as coming from Japan, but there you go.
It looks like them based on the row of cabs but at least he is selling them at an excellent price and not trying to charge an arm an a leg.
as much as this blows to get outscooped, this is exactly the point that SNK was trying to make earlier. This hobby is so fucking cut throat at this point that you can't hesitate. You gotta shit or get off the pot as my grandfather used to say.

Now, Im still in to get a couple E2s, maybe a Windy, a NNC cause they look pretty minty,

and a Q25 if it has the rotate mech/joystick cp, good crt, etc... :D
The wood, well, if its rotted, I would have my buddy that does woodwork for a living remake the entire woodframe in his cnc/milling machine setup if needed, etc..

Disappointed to hear about the Q25s.

If they go through, I am still in for one with a rotating mechanism. Control panels can be fabricated, wood can be recut, but until someone repros that mechanism, it's not a findable item.

If they don't come through it's just back to the hunt. And in that event I'd at least like to hear the pricing on the Windy.

I'll still offer storage whether I get something from the lot or not.

Like Derick2k said money is king and being local I have the upper hand (I think). Once I secure the cab I will start posting pricing. I can only really afford 1 container shipment out of pocket. For the other 1 I will have to take a 50% deposit to offset the cost. If you want to back out you need to find a new buyer. Money will only be refunded if deal fall through or cargo ship sink. I was not exspecting to spend my morning like this

VO - Bad (Don't think my guy want the remaining, sorry twistedsymphony)
That's fine.

Cyber lead - So, so (Depend if my guy want to take the rest)
Just to be clear I'm only interested if it's a Cyberlead II, it's not clear if they're all CL1s or if there are any CL2s available from the photos.

@twistedsymphony how can you tell? What are some indicators
From what I know a CL2 should have these upgraded over the CL1:
- tri sync screen (instead of MS9)
- color LED display (instead of red only)
- PSX and DC memory card slots

But I’ve seen CL2’s with the same monitor or LED display as the 1’s, so it looks like to be a mixed bag.
Also the card readers might have been optional back in the day

Back