What's new
For Sale
will any jvs to jamma work on a konami windy2 or I need to find their specific one?
Any will work, highly recommend @invzim’s Jammafier :)
ya I'm on the wait list for it. Do you get scanlines with his?
No, it is not an upscalee.Scanlines come from the monitor is you run 15KHz games (which 99% of Jamma games are).

The Windy should have a monitor which supports 15KHz right?
ok cool I like scanlines

It is worth pointing out that a JVS-to-JAMMA solution is going to net you a few frames of lag. Most of the blame will lie on the cabinet's JVS IO board, but the JAMMAfier polls at a rate outside the JVS spec, and doing so has shown to sometimes make latency vary irregularly. Experience with a JAMMAfier with a New Net City informed the decision to abandon it, as it added around 3 frames, and get a JAMMA harness for the cabinet instead.

Not a whole lot of good info out there on Windy 2. I wonder if they all came with the JVS to Jamma I/O from the factory or if it was an accessory?

It is worth pointing out that a JVS-to-JAMMA solution is going to net you a few frames of lag. Most of the blame will lie on the cabinet's JVS IO board, but the JAMMAfier polls at a rate outside the JVS spec, and doing so has shown to sometimes make latency vary irregularly. Experience with a JAMMAfier with a New Net City informed the decision to abandon it, as it added around 3 frames, and get a JAMMA harness for the cabinet instead.
Does this depend on which JVS io is used, or jvs in general??

Not a whole lot of good info out there on Windy 2. I wonder if they all came with the JVS to Jamma I/O from the factory or if it was an accessory?
There isn't. Hopefully with these coming in more documentation will be done on it. I couldn't tell but I'm hoping the marquees and keys were included.

curious as I'm getting a jammafier but I got offered a Namco jvs to jamma. Which is best the Namco one or konami? I know the konami one has pinout for its stereo connection on its games.

@invzim can explain the difference and downsides of each.
They are even listed on his website ;)
https://irkenlabs.com/jammafier/video

But from personal experience (I own a Jammafier and a Namco one), the Namco one softens the image due to some caps in the video lines.
Other than that the Namco is very good :)

Last edited:
Sounds to me like separate JAMMA harness it is! Now let's just look at how to tap into the Windy II's connectors.

I'm not jumping the gun, they might have the Konami JVS to Jamma boards. I can't imagine an arcade running all those cabs just on jvs

curious as I'm getting a jammafier but I got offered a Namco jvs to jamma. Which is best the Namco one or konami? I know the konami one has pinout for its stereo connection on its games.
I would say the Konami is better engineered - video is noticably clearer and the audio attenuation is 'correct' compared to the Namco. The Konami though suffer in the power-delivery department because it only has one JST-VL connector to feed it, and it doesn't generate -5V (but has a connector for it so you can hook it up).

If you're only going to use games that use little power, I would say go for the Konami (vs the Namco, the Jammafier tries to get everything right :))

The namco one has an annoying bug/feature in that coin doesn't work on cave cv-1000 games.

If you experience issues, please do inform me (mail works great :) ). I've done lag measurements with function-generator, a buffer to sink the IO pins + scope on both 'input' and 'output' on several IO boards. The latency should always be less than 1 frame, at least the IO board's I've tested with. AFAIK, there is nothing in the jvs spec that dictates poll frequency - but some IO boards get wonky if you drive them too fast, so there is a small delay to accommodate that. The namco jvs2jamma also does jvs polling at a high rate.

I would say the Konami is better engineered - video is noticably clearer and the audio attenuation is 'correct' compared to the Namco. The Konami though suffer in the power-delivery department because it only has one JST-VL connector to feed it, and it doesn't generate -5V (but has a connector for it so you can hook it up).
If you're only going to use games that little power, I would say go for the Konami (vs the Namco, the Jammafier tries to get everything right :))
ya I'm waiting on your parts to arrive so I can pay for mine. i sent you a question though about how I noticed the konami one has a connector for stereo and not the red and white rca but a 3 or 4 pin connector like on konami jamma boards. Anyway to tap or add that on jammafier?

Maybe someone here can help me with my Windy II question. Can anyone identify that piece of equipment on the top of the power supply? It has 2 green wires coming out of it.

It doesn't look standard from the pictures I have seen.

Attachments

• mmexport1537772361866.jpg
    mmexport1537772361866.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 83
isolation transformer

Its required by most crts

Last edited:
Thats an isolation transformer. You see them added to candy cabs alot for use with 220v in HK and China. I'm pretty sure these we're all verifyed 110v though, so maybe they were just left there after the rewiring?

A little off topic. Is there a thread search tool that I'm not seeing? There is a little shakeup on I need to figure out pecking order.

Back