What's new
Raiden 1, 2 and DX share the weird sync (Think it was around 56Hz)

I love my HAS by the way!
Did bring me back to arcade gaming without all the cabinet troubles.
Now i can focus on PCB troubles ^__^
This is definitely depends on your TV! List what it is and your HAS settings and plug in method to the OSSC.

The easiest answer is going to be buy the OSSC Pro when it comes out, I think it wills love a million problems with weird sync and bootleg PCBs as well as being able to rotate games like Raiden to play on a horizontal LCD!

Another series you may have problems with in the future is Midway PCBs like Mortal Kombat, they also have a weird sync.

TV is some 10? year old Toshiba Full HD, OSSC HAS via VGA, settings: those recommended in the HAS Thread.
Did never change anything on the OSSC side, just put in scanlines sometimes.

OSSC Pro will be day one for me, cannot wait to tate all my games :)
I did put the HAS between some old CRT and my LCD now. This way i can play them all.

TV is some 10? year old Toshiba Full HD, OSSC HAS via VGA, settings: those recommended in the HAS Thread.
OK VGA is one specific, the rest is too vague to be of help. If you want further help dialing in the HAS/OSSC let us know specifics, like model of the TV and setting you are on.

I use to post some specific settings in this thread, not sure how easy it is to find them buried now, but I remember getting Raiden to finally work on two of my 7 TVs...

Hi, i got the HAS from @RGB in september of last year but wasn't able to unbox everything until now, i setup the supergun with the 4 player module + the hd-15 pcb module, i also got a jamma extender, but i have this eprom which last after putting everything in its place and dont know what is it or what was for ? Any idea please ?

Attachments

• 20211127_121707.jpg
    20211127_121707.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 20211127_121714.jpg
    20211127_121714.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 20211127_121726.jpg
    20211127_121726.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 129
Hi, i got the HAS from @RGB in september of last year but wasn't able to unbox everything until now, i setup the supergun with the 4 player module + the hd-15 pcb module, i also got a jamma extender, but i have this eprom which last after putting everything in its place and dont know what is it or what was for ? Any idea please ?
That looks like the IC that controls the button remapping. In your pictures, I can't see in there is already one installed on the HAS. It would be underneath the player 3 & 4 controller board.

If there is already one installed, you must have bought an extra. If not, just put the IC in the socket.

I think there is already one. Could it just be an extra ? Because i didn't pay for it, maybe @RGB just sent it for free ?

Attachments

• 20211127_135103.jpg
    20211127_135103.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 20211127_135120.jpg
    20211127_135120.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 95
Hey, is it possible that some games have no sound with the HAS?
My Sorcerer Strike has no audio but when i test the speaker pins with some test speaker its fine and loud.
All other games i have run fine with sound.
Is there anything i miss? Speakers are on Jamma / mono, not MVS

EDIT; SOLVED
LOL? Had to change Speaker +/- now it just works fine...

Last edited:
does RGB make the jamma extender?

It's a backup microcontroller, I must have included it by mistake :thumbup:
I think there is already one. Could it just be an extra ? Because i didn't pay for it, maybe @RGB just sent it for free ?

He included it because you wants you to have more than you asked for!!! Great salesman!

For me @RGB included an extra that allows me to re-map my start button (not a button that you can usually remap) so I can play certain games like Rampart with my HAS. You should pop yours in to see if its a normally microcontroller or if it is programmed like my extra one!

He included it because you wants you to have more than you asked for!!! Great salesman!

For me @RGB included an extra that allows me to re-map my start button (not a button that you can usually remap) so I can play certain games like Rampart with my HAS. You should pop yours in to see if its a normally microcontroller or if it is programmed like my extra one!
I just checked the initial invoice, i ordered a backup one and forgot that i did it 😅 very likely that i wont use it.

Now i just unboxed my PSU but don't know how to use it, i have a warning message but dont know if it talks about the switch inside ? Also i have 220 volts in my country, should i leave it at 230 ?

Attachments

• 20211128_125156.jpg
    20211128_125156.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 20211128_125208.jpg
    20211128_125208.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 108
  • 20211128_125146.jpg
    20211128_125146.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 103
Hey, that's a nice PSU! Leave the switch at 220V, the real voltage range it accepts is much wider. It's 88~132VAC for switch at 110V position and 176~264VAC for 220V.

Please make sure you read the HAS instruction manual and refer to FAQ if you're unsure how to connect the PSU - https://homearcadesystem.wordpress.com/faq/
Thank you very much!
I surely read the manual but just have a few question;
Do i have to avoid touching the PSU metal core while its powered on or i should just avoid the connectors (the screws) ?
If i want to turn it off do i need to unplug it from the socket everytime ?
Could i use the whole setup (HAS + PSU) connected to my retrotink 5x + my oled tv without issue ?
How much voltage do i need to feed on a PGM mobo ?

Thank you very much!
I surely read the manual but just have a few question;
Do i have to avoid touching the PSU metal core while its powered on or i should just avoid the connectors (the screws) ?
If i want to turn it off do i need to unplug it from the socket everytime ?
Could i use the whole setup (HAS + PSU) connected to my retrotink 5x + my oled tv without issue ?
How much voltage do i need to feed on a PGM mobo ?
1. You can touch the metal housing of the PSU, but DEFINITELY do NOT touch the screws. In fact, you should look for a 3D printed cover for them. I've heard stories where children or cats have touched them to some sad endings..

2. Yes. I personally use a power strip so I can use the power strips button to make it easy. That is less wear and tear on your plug. Also, do NOT power the HAS up without a game.

3. Yup, in fact, you have the BEST TV for this case, IMHO!

4. The PGM should be cleaned, all connectors, at the JAMMA edge, and at the cart edge. I still run my PGM at around 5.05-5.10v because it seems to be a bit power hungry. I would not go over 5.15v.

1. You can touch the metal housing of the PSU, but DEFINITELY do NOT touch the screws. In fact, you should look for a 3D printed cover for them. I've heard stories where children or cats have touched them to some sad endings..

2. Yes. I personally use a power strip so I can use the power strips button to make it easy. That is less wear and tear on your plug. Also, do NOT power the HAS up without a game.

3. Yup, in fact, you have the BEST TV for this case, IMHO!

4. The PGM should be cleaned, all connectors, at the JAMMA edge, and at the cart edge. I still run my PGM at around 5.05-5.10v because it seems to be a bit power hungry. I would not go over 5.15v.
Thank you for answering my questions!
Do you know where could i find a good not expansive power strip ?
Could i use the gscart sw with the setup including the retrotink 5x ?
What should i use to clean up the connectors at the jamma edge and cart edge ?

Thank you for answering my questions!
Do you know where could i find a good not expansive power strip ?
Could i use the gscart sw with the setup including the retrotink 5x ?
What should i use to clean up the connectors at the jamma edge and cart edge ?
1. Anywhere they are sold. I have no idea about your country, but they look like this.

https://www.amazon.com/GE-Integrate...638126839&s=electronics&sr=1-3&ts_id=10967801

2. Yes the HAS is compatible with the GSCART, I don't know for sure about the RT5X, but I don't think there would be a problem.

3. I like this for the best, but it's expensive:

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-G5S-6-D..._3?keywords=dioxin+gold&qid=1638126753&sr=8-3

But rubbing alcohol or a pencil eraser works too.

Back