What's new
Having an issue assuming with the HAS. Sound becomes extremely static-like after about 10 minutes of use. It happens with multiple pcbs. I’m outputting to some studio monitors, a JVC D series using a bandridge scart switch with a RGC scart cable and RGB2Comp. No other scart inputs produce the problem. Using meanwell PSU voltage typically in the 5-5.1 range. Any troubleshooting suggestions?

Is it RGB as in RGBHV or RGBS on the OSSC? It might require tinkering with the H-PLL Pre/Post Coast settings.

Ah, it shouldn't matter too much, but make sure the CSync setting on the HAS is set to buffered or unprocessed.

for my MVS - I didn't have to touch any of the OSSC settings - it displays with no issues.

Did try every possible setting, still no picture. Also used RGB/Scart, no changes.
My OSSC had some repairs a few months ago maybe that changed something?
Have to try the other one tomorrow.

Yepp, HAS and OSSC work fine with almost all my Games (aside from some Bootlegs)
And MVS runs fine with HAS and CRT ^__^

A few things to check:
A) Make sure the audio switch on the HAS is set to JAMMA, not MVS.
B) Try a different PSU.
C) Remove Bandbridge from the setup and see if there's a difference. You can connect headphones or external speakers (amplified).

Just a follow up, I just moved to a new house. The problem doesn’t occur here. Not sure what was causing the issue, but the HAS is working just fine now thanks.

The house where I live now does something similar if I ground a monitor frame in a cab. Also get minor shocks on properly grounded metal cabs' control panels. Luckily for whatever reason never had it happen on supergun+PVM.

Have you tried using a Line Conditioner such as the APC Line-R 1200? That should smooth out any power related issues and give a cleaner/more stable power input for your devices. I had some weird issues and noise in my basement console setup, running things through one of these seemed to help.

If there isnt already is it possible to add jn a sync correcting circuit on it eith VR pots to adjust sync please? Also if you could have an option to use the more expensive Hirose edge connector?

Reactions: RGB
Back