What's new
If there isnt already is it possible to add jn a sync correcting circuit on it eith VR pots to adjust sync please? Also if you could have an option to use the more expensive Hirose edge connector?
There is an automatic CSync correcting circuit and it helps with some PCBs. Recently, one user couldn't sync his Bucky O'Hare with the OSSC and the "regenerated" CSync mode of the HAS did the trick.

Hirose is very nice and I did release one or two batches (can't remember now) with this connector, fresh from the factory. Problem is, one needs to be extra careful with the Hirose, since these connectors are quite brittle and the edges often break. I had a few complaints about this and had to replace the connector on two units, so this connector won't be used anymore.

I had one of the Hirose edge connectors and while it was nice, it did break almost immediately, so I'm glad you went back to the normal connector.

That being said, anyone who gets one of these should get a JAMMA extension cable, it helps with the pressure on the PCB and gives you some flexibility with where your SG is. If Mike ever makes more, I think I will snag another!

I have a hirose on my bench supergun. I must swap out a pcb on average 20 times daily for last 7 years i had it (pcb repairs often requires frequent power cycles and removal) and have never managed to break it =O. The edge plastic part is quite brittle though but i rather superficial plastic sections breaking than my pcbs breaking due to fluctuating voltages. Each to their own i guess. Just saves me from having to remove it to install one thats all. The automatic sync sounds great. Put me down for 2 whenever you do another batch please.

I have a hirose on my bench supergun. I must swap out a pcb on average 20 times daily for last 7 years i had it (pcb repairs often requires frequent power cycles and removal) and have never managed to break it =O. The edge plastic part is quite brittle though but i rather superficial plastic sections breaking than my pcbs breaking due to fluctuating voltages. Each to their own i guess. Just saves me from having to remove it to install one thats all. The automatic sync sounds great. Put me down for 2 whenever you do another batch please.
That's so interesting! I wonder if they swapped to a more brittle plastic? And when I say "broke" it was just the ends, so the connector still worked 100% fine, but just looked crappy and with the HAS, you don't want that look!

Maybe bad batch? Mine hasnt broken.
20220206_174808.jpg

Reactions: RGB
The Hirose connectors are brittle and do crack. You can mitigate the cracking if you use a polarizing key which helps locate the connector horizontally during insertion. You also get the added piece of mind of never reversing the connector.

Hirose makes a high quality key, (part number CR1-GPIN). Mouser has stock though it looks like the part is discontinued. Laser Bear makes a more affordable 3D-printed version though the fit is not as good as original part.

Attachments

• B6227070-DBF4-4D40-8D80-E695ADE9F4A4.jpeg
    B6227070-DBF4-4D40-8D80-E695ADE9F4A4.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 80
  • 4E2A583D-FBBD-4775-8147-0A10386F49FF.jpeg
    4E2A583D-FBBD-4775-8147-0A10386F49FF.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 82
Yeah u get that when u force a pcb in without aligning the pins first. I used to use those keys but got tired of having to constantly take them out for bootlegs/adapters or pcbs without keyed pin 7. Still i bet it will still hold a cps2 cart vertically without any assistance right? Mine still has grip of death.

Someone remind me how to program the buttons. I can't find the instructions.

I was the one that purchased that. I have yet ro test it out since it's taken forever for the mini pinDIN cable scart to come from England.

My only concern is about this HAS supergun is, can I connect PC speakers to the HAS via 3.5m? The speakers are the Z5300 I think the model is. it's 2 speakers with a subwoofer with Amp already inside. Will I damage the HAS if I connect it?

I was the one that purchased that. I have yet ro test it out since it's taken forever for the mini pinDIN cable scart to come from England.

My only concern is about this HAS supergun is, can I connect PC speakers to the HAS via 3.5m? The speakers are the Z5300 I think the model is. it's 2 speakers with a subwoofer with Amp already inside. Will I damage the HAS if I connect it?
No the HAS audio out is like a standard headphone jack.

Reactions: RGB
No the HAS audio out is like a standard headphone jack.

Oh?! Perfect!! okay thats good news then.

Thank you so much for the fast response!

Can't wait to play 1945 strikers II and III PCB on my PVM 20M2U! Although the Sony CRT 27 looks better to me, cause size, just that I would have to go and get another adapter. I'm so tired of adapters for this and that.. lol it's chaotic! Sorry I'm rambling. Thank you ,thank you!

Oh?! Perfect!! okay thats good news then.

Thank you so much for the fast response!

Can't wait to play 1945 strikers II and III PCB on my PVM 20M2U! Although the Sony CRT 27 looks better to me, cause size, just that I would have to go and get another adapter. I'm so tired of adapters for this and that.. lol it's chaotic! Sorry I'm rambling. Thank you ,thank you!
No problem. I use mine on a 32" Sony TV, so trust me, it's worth one more adapter!

No problem. I use mine on a 32" Sony TV, so trust me, it's worth one more adapter!
Oohhh lucky!!!! I been trying to get a 32"

You right! I'll get the adapter. I believe the one that was posted before here on page 40ish seems like a good one. 80 bucks but worth it.

If you make it down to DC I'll hook you up, I have 2. But I just realized, they are 36" not 32"! Heavy AF.

Oh wow!! those would be my prefer choice!! 36 are a dream!!! And very nice of you!! Unfortunately if i got it, i would have to sleep outside my apt! haha!

Thank you though! very nice of you. If i would of gotten it i'd pay you for it. But, thank you anyways brother!

Back