What's new
943D9DA7-89FA-4B97-844C-17EE0ED8BF5E.jpeg

Not logging every keystroke, someone told me people were referencing MiSTercade so I went to check it out. Would you not be curious if someone was talking about your design in a discussion about a new competing product?
Any question I asked has been in the open. The only time I referenced MiSTercade was here in this thread when I asked the question above. The "people" you are referencing that brought MiSTercade into Himitsu's discussion wasn't me as I don't own your product.

You put a lot of time and effort into making a product and want to watch the money pile up. If you don't want to answer, that is cool. I get it. But I responded to your remark with where I was coming from with the question and explained to you I am not involved in the Raph's project. I don't know what accusations people are feeding you, but I am being straight with you.

Last edited:
Thank you for your order from MiSTER FPGA! We wanted to let you know that your order (#*****) was shipped via USPS, on 4/17/2022.

Thanks man :) can't wait to get it !
Good thing you commented out that order number there :P

Jokes aside, mine was shipped as well, with the top and extra RAM. Can't wait, but guess I'll have to wait a bit longer due to living oversees :)

I too also have the mistercade coming. Ram and top plate included. Should be here Thursday. I have had the de-10 nano sitting in my closet for over a year. Waited for all reviews on the mistercade to come out. This will be my first foray into anything mister related. Excited mostly about the arcade cores as I have just about all the other actual console systems.

Ran into a few interesting things running SF2:HF in a cabinet at my work. I have the actual board - but figured I would try the mistercade and see how well it ran - save the older hardware!

Once - it got into a loop where the game wouldn't end, on Dhalsim's background level, it just kept looping the fight over and over, without ending it. This occured once in 3 weeks
The bigger issue is how it handled p1 and p2 start button presses. on the actual board (in free play mode) when P2 start is pressed, P2 and P1 selection boxes show up. In mistercade - when you press P2, the P2 side BECOMES p1, and no p2 selection box comes up.

It was confusing folks - so I put the real board back in. I suspect its just the way the mister core deals with it.

Matt

In the core menu you should be able to reset player assignments (switch P1 to P2) and vice-versa.

The way the MiSTercade works (I believe) is based on which side that a button is pressed first is assigned to P1, or it might be random.

It’s these little inaccuracies and nuances that have too made me ditch the MiSTer and go back to real hardware. Less time faffing about, and more time for gaming.

Still like the thing, but it’s slowly gathering dust like my Raspberry Pi did later in its lifecycle. Regardless of all the reporting in the world saying it’s accurate as shit. It just doesn’t feel right half the time. My 2 cents really, get in where you fit in.

Just curious - are you having your MiSTer boot directly into the game, or is it booting up the Main Menu first?

The reason I ask is that when the MiSTer first powers up, the first controller button pressed will assign that controller as Player 1. So if P2 Start is the first button you press after powering on, MiSTer will assign the Player 2 side to be Player 1. That's standard MiSTer behavior and will happen no matter what controller/JAMMA solution you're using.

You can reset the controls by pulling up the MiSTer Menu, going right one screen, and selecting "Reset player assignment".

As for the fight looping forever, report it as a bug on the CPS2 Core here:
https://github.com/jotego/jtcps1/issues

A bit more clarification: each game is it’s own core, the man menu is also a core, so you’ll want to press a button on P1 side each time you load a game. The menu core controls are shared between p1 and p2 so both can navigate.

Yeah, the player swap thing is probably my least favorite thing about using Mister in cabs. People sit down and hit a button, expecting a certain result, and they don't always get it. Dealing with the cores and menus etc is an 'admin' thing, and I can overlook a certain amount of UI jank etc because it's meant for someone who knows what they're doing. But it is a shame when 'normal players' get caught by issues they can't anticipate.

I guess I need to make sure I remember to 'set' the players when I load cores.

Just curious - are you having your MiSTer boot directly into the game, or is it booting up the Main Menu first?

The reason I ask is that when the MiSTer first powers up, the first controller button pressed will assign that controller as Player 1. So if P2 Start is the first button you press after powering on, MiSTer will assign the Player 2 side to be Player 1. That's standard MiSTer behavior and will happen no matter what controller/JAMMA solution you're using.

You can reset the controls by pulling up the MiSTer Menu, going right one screen, and selecting "Reset player assignment".

As for the fight looping forever, report it as a bug on the CPS2 Core here:
https://github.com/jotego/jtcps1/issues
I had it autoboot into the game, so no button was pressed at all until the first person steps up to the game.

As for the fight looping - if it had happened more than once I would have - but hard to recreate (obviously).

I will play around with the p1/p2 thing more at home and see if I can get it set so that it works as expected... :)

Matt

It's beautiful. And it works great too of course, just easier to get a shot of on its own here. Very excited for future remote and VS possibilities.
20220421_141113.jpg

I registered here just to ask kind of a strange question about the new XL board. Am I correct in assuming the 75Ω analog video port works similarly to or the same as the port on the analog IO board, except that it's missing the sync-on-green switch? And if that's the case, would it still be possible to have it output a YPbPr signal with some kind of external adapter?

I'm feel like I'm the only person who might ever have a use for a JAMMA edge connector and a TV without RGBS sitting right next to it, but it would be great if it worked.

Hi.
Yesterday I received my MiSTercade. I have a Capcom Impress cab, which has an audio amp for stereo and, according to the manual, I should activate the dip switch for AMP STBY, which I did (I used the dip switch on the XL board leaving the one on the main board off). I plug it in my cab and the MiSTer menu appears but there's a loud hum and faint noises from the speakers, sounds like the volume it's turned to the absolute max. I turned the volume knob on the MiSTercade but it did nothing. Fearing I would wake up the entire neighborhood if I launched a game, I turned it off, changed my cab's configuration to mono audio, turned off the AMP STBY, disconnected the RCA cables, and turned it on again. No humming/noise this time, I selected a game and it ran great. The volume knob works fine, I can decrease or increase the volume.

So, at the moment, I can't use the stereo, just mono. I know it's not my cab because I had a CPS2 board connected with stereo and I had no problems.

Try stereo audio with the AMP STBY switch turned off (aka amp enabled) and see if that fixes stereo audio for you.

Back