What's new
Try stereo audio with the AMP STBY switch turned off (aka amp enabled) and see if that fixes stereo audio for you.
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I tried it with AMP STBY turned off and still the same thing, speakers humming like max volume.

Are there assembly instructions including the top & bottom as well? Just installed it, but I feel it's not a 100% fit and I'm left with some parts, wanna rule out that I'm not being a dipshit here lol.

Are there assembly instructions including the top & bottom as well? Just installed it, but I feel it's not a 100% fit and I'm left with some parts, wanna rule out that I'm not being a dipshit here lol.
I had some leftover parts as well but that may be extras from og nano. I do feel the bottom plate didn't secure all the way even after trying 3 times to tighten it down. And the plate holds a bit snug over the vga connector. Overall it should be fine tho.

I also wish I could change the rotation of the screen without having to eject the sd card (which is a pain to get to now with the plates) and change out a mister.ini file. This is likely an issue with mister and not the cade though.

I had some leftover parts as well but that may be extras from og nano. I do feel the bottom plate didn't secure all the way even after trying 3 times to tighten it down. And the plate holds a bit snug over the vga connector.
Those were exactly my findings as well. I think the screws for the bottom plate are a tad too long. But I'll check out the vid first to see if I messed up somewhere.

EDIT: after watching the video, I assembled it exactly the same & I think he's facing the same issue if you look/listen closely. But nothing a set of washers can't solve.

Last edited:
I also wish I could change the rotation of the screen without having to eject the sd card (which is a pain to get to now with the plates) and change out a mister.ini file. This is likely an issue with mister and not the cade though.
Oh, this is definitely a MiSTer thing but it's something they have allowed for with alternate configuration files and a combination of buttons that will swap between them. See https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki/Configuration-Files#Switching-INI-Files-On-the-Fly for details. You can also select them from the menu, but since you want to use them primarily for screen orientation the shortcuts are probably better.

Those were exactly my findings as well. I think the screws for the bottom plate are a tad too long. But I'll check out the vid first to see if I messed up somewhere.

EDIT: after watching the video, I assembled it exactly the same & I think he's facing the same issue if you look/listen closely. But nothing a set of washers can't solve.
I have the exact same results. If you have any just lying around, you could also use bottom brass couplers that are 2mm longer, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything just being slightly loose anyway.

Oh, this is definitely a MiSTer thing but it's something they have allowed for with alternate configuration files and a combination of buttons that will swap between them. See https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki/Configuration-Files#Switching-INI-Files-On-the-Fly for details. You can also select them from the menu, but since you want to use them primarily for screen orientation the shortcuts are probably better.

I have the exact same results. If you have any just lying around, you could also use bottom brass couplers that are 2mm longer, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything just being slightly loose anyway.
I think for an expensive product like this it should ‘just fit’.
It’s not like we are talking some $10 PCB from Aliexpress.
We are talking almost $400 in my country with import charges etc.
Would be a small effort to just include the right size stand-offs and screws IMO.

Been looking at this as well and Mistercade is on top of my list, but wondering if anyone has a definitive list of pro’s/cons of the available or announced options for the Jamma add-on?
Five different options if I count correct?

I agree, there are no major issues, just feels a bit sloppy for such a premium product to be honest. Please see the below as constructive feedback, instead of criticism.

So here's what the top plate looks like when mounted:

DZoFVKFl.jpg

You can see that the standoffs are lower than the VGA connector, which makes the plate flex a bit, and you can see a gap between the neighbouring standoffs. Also notice the slightly missaligned connector for the remote on the top plate.

What I did to correct this is put some of these washers (with spring as that was what I had lying around) underneath:

jRCfOBdl.jpg

And then it looks like it should imo (the buttons on top can still be pressed just fine), nice and flush/straight:

p8kKAq7l.jpg

I did the same for the bottom plate. Ideally the top standoffs should be a tad longer and the bottom screws a tad shorter, but this works fine as well.

Also noticed the volume dial is not really aligned nicely btw:

hdNASDxl.jpg

But I have to say, looking at the finished product it looks really cool!

PizUAjil.jpg

Attachments

• DZoFVKFm.jpg
    DZoFVKFm.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 62
  • jRCfOBdm.jpg
    jRCfOBdm.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 51
  • p8kKAq7m.jpg
    p8kKAq7m.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 55
  • hdNASDxm.jpg
    hdNASDxm.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I agree, there are no major issues, just feels a bit sloppy for such a premium product to be honest. Please see the below as constructive feedback, instead of criticism.

So here's what the top plate looks like when mounted:

DZoFVKFl.jpg

You can see that the standoffs are lower than the VGA connector, which makes the plate flex a bit, and you can see a gap between the neighbouring standoffs. Also notice the slightly missaligned connector for the remote on the top plate.

What I did to correct this is put some of these washers (with spring as that was what I had lying around) underneath:

jRCfOBdl.jpg

And then it looks like it should imo (the buttons on top can still be pressed just fine), nice and flush/straight:

p8kKAq7l.jpg

I did the same for the bottom plate. Ideally the top standoffs should be a tad longer and the bottom screws a tad shorter, but this works fine as well.

Also noticed the volume dial is not really aligned nicely btw:

hdNASDxl.jpg

But I have to say, looking at the finished product it looks really cool!

PizUAjil.jpg
I thought everything you said here was just me messing something up. But no, the screws not being the right size for the bottom plate, the volume knob being slightly off and worried about it pressing down and scratching the top plate, the vga port pressing up on the top plate flexing it. All valid concerns.

Still yes the overall product does look nice.

Yeah sorry about the bottom screws. I noticed the bottom plate was a bit loose but it was already too late. Anyone who wants a $5 refund to replace the bottom screws shoot me on email using my site's contact page. https://misteraddons.com/pages/contact

Regarding the XL VGA port, it's a tricky balance. The upper standoffs are M3x12mm. If you make them 14mm so they clear the VGA port, you lose the ability to actuate the 3 tactile buttons. M3x13mm may better satisfy both constraints - I'll test and report back. Again, sorry for this oversight.

Regarding the arcade volume knob opening - noted, will fix in the future.

Thanks for the feedback!

M3X5mm screws for US customers:
https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Machine-Phillips-Stainless-Fasteners/dp/B07T874GL6
https://www.boltdepot.com/Product-Details.aspx?product=17865

M3x5mm screws for Non-US customers:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32794241069.html

In the core menu you should be able to reset player assignments (switch P1 to P2) and vice-versa.

The way the MiSTercade works (I believe) is based on which side that a button is pressed first is assigned to P1, or it might be random.

It’s these little inaccuracies and nuances that have too made me ditch the MiSTer and go back to real hardware. Less time faffing about, and more time for gaming.

Still like the thing, but it’s slowly gathering dust like my Raspberry Pi did later in its lifecycle. Regardless of all the reporting in the world saying it’s accurate as shit. It just doesn’t feel right half the time. My 2 cents really, get in where you fit in.
porkcunt.jpg

Lol. Fairly laughable but also a very disappointing reaction from @misteraddons.

The MiSTer “community” is toxic and circle jerky as it is and it seems to have even now gotten to this blokes head.

Those on this forum know that I spent countless hours over many months (alongside others) testing his product, helping it to the finish line, promoted it, sold it, helped troubleshoot it FOR FREE just to be greeted by this slap in the face because of the forum post that I quoted above.

My name’s even on the back of the MiSTercade PCB FFS. My post was not intended in the slightest as a jab at the guy, his goods, but genuinely just my thoughts on using a MiSTer in an arcade environment and how I feel about it as it stands. Don’t really think it warrants a boot from a server after all the work and time I’ve given.

I had some people I chatted to on that Discord that I’m now cut off from. I won’t co-sign this clowns products or his business anymore, and I’m throwing this out there so you know how people who work hard for free are sometimes treated in this “hobby”.

I left. Door is still open if yall wanna come too. My mistercade is holding it open.

Personally, I really love the MiSTerCade and have been using it regularly ever since beta testing it. I’m Gillaxian, also printed on the pcb. It’s the best mister cabinet solution there is right now.
There may be nuances, but they’re far from dealbreakers for me. No product is perfect, but this one is best in class atm.

Sorry to hear the MiSTerCade was to blame for your MiSTer divorce.

But I don’t think it should be a surprise that you were kicked from a discord server that is dedicated to a product you don’t even use anymore. Plus you were given the courtesy of a heads-up and thanked for your help testing. Seems like it’s best to just move on and enjoy the games you have.
If you need discord contact ID’s from people you chatted with there, let me know and I’ll get them for you. Just let me know.

Im not on one side or the other, (Im just happy to have a rad device in my cab) but Im wondering what kind of nuances etc that yall are referring to?

I mean, I have seen the reset player assignment thing, but that's a simple start+down, reset player assignments and you're good to go so it's really not a huge issue (for me anyway). What other kinds of issues are yall referring to?

Last edited:
I don't know if this was intended for commercial use like at an actual arcade. I haven't had people mess up the settings yet at my home arcade, but I also change the games for them 🤷 I can see this being a nuisance in a commercial arcade setting.

porkcunt.jpg

Lol. Fairly laughable but also a very disappointing reaction from @misteraddons.

The MiSTer “community” is toxic and circle jerky as it is and it seems to have even now gotten to this blokes head.

Those on this forum know that I spent countless hours over many months (alongside others) testing his product, helping it to the finish line, promoted it, sold it, helped troubleshoot it FOR FREE just to be greeted by this slap in the face because of the forum post that I quoted above.

My name’s even on the back of the MiSTercade PCB FFS. My post was not intended in the slightest as a jab at the guy, his goods, but genuinely just my thoughts on using a MiSTer in an arcade environment and how I feel about it as it stands. Don’t really think it warrants a boot from a server after all the work and time I’ve given.

I had some people I chatted to on that Discord that I’m now cut off from. I won’t co-sign this clowns products or his business anymore, and I’m throwing this out there so you know how people who work hard for free are sometimes treated in this “hobby”.
Heh. You laughed the other day, but the secret handshakes and key loggin' are real after all.

In my opinion, if you disable the menu button combo and (if you want) set it to boot into a desired core or game. They’ve run 2 fighting game tournaments recently at Brooklyn Arcade and Video Games. The only thing they did special was unmap the menu from the buttons and sticks so it wasn’t accidentally triggered. None of the players could tell the difference.

I didn’t make MiSTercade aimed at commercial applications.

Last edited:
Regardless of him using it or not, I believe it's still kind of an immature power move to kick @djsheep from the server. Like, what is this, a middle-school AOL Instant Messenger group chat from 2001 or what? He stated his opinion and was punished for it despite all of the work that he put in. What would be the harm of leaving him on it? Seems like a very roundabout way to insult him because he said something you didn't like. Yet, everything he said was constructive criticism at worst. The advance notice and "thank you" make it read worse in my opinion. You can do whatever you want at the end of the day; however, from a complete MiSTer outsider looking in that seemed like a strange thing to do.

Back