What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from holiday and now see the progress. That's awesome, well done !

Great work Pablo, you've done it again. :thumbsup:

Lets not keep filling the thread with 'order lists' though guys, it just adds a load of unnecessary posts to the thread. Maybe use another thread with a poll for that?

Let's keep this thread to talk about the cart and it's development.

Concur with FrancoB. Let's not spam the thread with pre-orders.

I've opened a pre-order interest check here:
Preorder interest check
excuse me if it should sound like a silly question, but I'd like to be sure.
Is this list only to see how much interest there's on the multicard or it also has a preorder use?
I'd really like to have already reserved a slot for me by writing there :D

I have been lurking for quite some time but I can't remember reading a conclusive answer to this question: Do I need to upgrade my AES with the Unibios to unleash the full potential of the multicart? If so please let me know so I can do the upgrade while awaiting the progess of the project.

Keep up the great work you are doing. It is highly appreciated :)

Thanx for the fast reply. Anything that helps is considered a worthy investment in my retro setup ;)

Is this what you have in mind? MVS plus cash :D

IMG_4855.JPG

or this pic

IMG_4854.JPG
I bought this yesterday in preparation:

tumblr_occwr8QR3q1sns8t5o1_1280.jpg

@Darksoft This probably sounds like wishful thinking, but is the LCD screen going to be capable of displaying graphics? I'm thinking that a PNG of the cover like the MVS marquees that show you which games you are selecting would be sooooo sexy... (Plain text for the file name is also good! :) )

If the cart case is transparent it might be easy to mount the display inside the cart onto the 2nd PCB where isn't populated?
Dunno if this would be on the correct side to see it tho... might be more practical for the AES version anyway

I already explained it, but wanted to show how complex this is. We have a Ciclone IV FPGA handling 2x DDR BGA memories. Then we have an ARM that controls the flashes and the microSD and then we have a CPLD that disconnects the bus when we are programming the memories. This PCB has so many technologies mixed that it should be a show case :P
Impressive job my friend !
For my own curiosity, why are you using DDR ? For GFX storage ? And to speed up loading time when switching game ? So when booting up the card, gfx (or other data) need to be loaded in the DDR before the game boots ?
Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back