What's new
Hi all - I've not been sending out confirmation emails or tracking numbers, but all of your orders have been received and will be sent out / have already been sent out and should arrive shortly.

If you fill in the form and it says you've ordered one, I check the payments and send off as soon as I've got them. I'd let you know if there was a problem, so silence from me means all good!

Appologies that this isn't the best way of doing it, doing all these orders by hand has been quite a lot of work.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like a tracking number, or to check that it's been sent!

4F3B76AC-E9AA-4921-A0D3-8B9BDE0B4677.jpeg

30B11EF9-22F4-4145-A0F4-B67270EE0E81.jpeg

I thought for a second that second pic was a board snapped in half :S

Sorry Coming to this quite late, but very interested, I would love a Hat, but the thing that prevented me from choosing that route is I'm also wanting to put a touch screen on the Pi4, and do a Net-Dimm interface, so I'm wondering if you would consider a pass-through connector for the hat, or if I'm just better off with 1-USB to serial Adapter + 1 USB to RS485 Adapter, in the USB Bus, and then just slap the Touchscreen onto the GPIO header... I'll try and respond with my progress as this solves a lot of my... "How do I make controllers for all these games" issue with a Net-Dimm...
Also there seems to be a project where you can use the naomi menu somehow to choose which net-dimm game you want to load, might be interesting to do a mapping "app" where you press a button and map it to a function on the currently selected rom... Not sure how that would work, (Chicken and the Egg situation) but there's definitely a lot of cool info in this thread, and It's amazing how much cool dev work has gone into this old platform(s).

That is a horribly squashed box, sorry that it came to you like that - all the ones I've seen so far have been okay.

Have the boards survived?
FWIW my box also arrived super-smushed, but the board inside looks fine. I won't be able to test it until some other components come in, though.

Also there seems to be a project where you can use the naomi menu somehow to choose which net-dimm game you want to load, might be interesting to do a mapping "app" where you press a button and map it to a function on the currently selected rom... Not sure how that would work, (Chicken and the Egg situation) but there's definitely a lot of cool info in this thread, and It's amazing how much cool dev work has gone into this old platform(s).
If I'm understanding correctly, what you're asking for is included in the WiPi netbooter - https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/naomi-pi-wipi-netbooter-compatible-with-pi-3-4.14019/

It includes a menu that can be navigated directly on monitor to launch a requested game. It also has OpenJVS support and allows you to map.

So I got the Build to run, and I built the cable, but when I plugged it in to my New Net City, it initialized, booted, and then started dropping coins like mad... 1/Second or maybe 2/Second... I was at first concerned I heard what I perceived to be a switching relay. And then I figured it out it was the coin counter firing... It's possible I had some capacitence change in my touch coin mod... but I'll have to disconnect it tonight to see if it stops... Right now there's wires going everywhere as I'm just testing that and the card reader mod.

I re-routed the cable and it seems to work now, very nice!
Now I'm searching for a wheel to purchase :P Any reccomendations with force feedback, is that working yet? I saw a video with it implemented.

anybody running an aimtrak lightgun ?I am having a hard time configuring and using it. Is there an order I should plug the receiver and the gun in ?

Yep, I use the Aimtraks. The "receiver" as you call it, is just a light bar. There is no data sent between the light bar and the computer at all, so it doesn't matter where it's plugged in.

What are you having issues with? You'll need to configure the aimtrak as it says to in the software guide: https://github.com/OpenJVS/OpenJVS/blob/master/docs/guide.md

You'll then need to calibrate the aimtrak using it's internal calibration method, and then finally calbirate the arcade game to the aimtrak. After that it should all work fine.

What are you having issues with? You'll need to configure the aimtrak as it says to in the software guide: https://github.com/OpenJVS/OpenJVS/blob/master/docs/guide.md

You'll then need to calibrate the aimtrak using it's internal calibration method, and then finally calbirate the arcade game to the aimtrak. After that it should all work fine.

"using it's internal calibration method"
...and where is that?

I guess I should mention I'm using the WIPI so perhaps it's missing in there?

The aimtrak has an internal calibration in the gun, as described in page 4 of the manual here:

https://www.ultimarc.com/AimTrak Setup Guide.pdf

When plugged into a windows machine it'll move the cursor around to show you which parts to point at. If you use it with an arcade system, you can view the 'cursor' by going into a gun mark check in the settings with the default calibration applied. You can then shoot at the positions the aimtrak moves the gun marks to, and that will calibrate the aimtrak internally. Afterwards you can then go and complete the arcade games calibration method from it's test menu.

The aimtrak has an internal calibration in the gun, as described in page 4 of the manual here:

https://www.ultimarc.com/AimTrak Setup Guide.pdf

When plugged into a windows machine it'll move the cursor around to show you which parts to point at. If you use it with an arcade system, you can view the 'cursor' by going into a gun mark check in the settings with the default calibration applied. You can then shoot at the positions the aimtrak moves the gun marks to, and that will calibrate the aimtrak internally. Afterwards you can then go and complete the arcade games calibration method from it's test menu.

I did that a while ago but ok, I'll try that again and report back, thank you.

Is there a list of supported/tested controllers/guns somewhere? Looked at your github page, but maybe I'm being blind.. :)

You’ll need to do it every time you move anything for best accuracy. So even when standing in a different position I’d reccomend recalibrating!

I’m afraid there isn’t a curated list of what OpenJVS will work with. It’ll attempt to generically use any controller, and it’s pretty easy to write a map file if the controller isn’t currently supported (with some caveats for weird controllers). The current list of map files is here:

https://github.com/OpenJVS/OpenJVS/tree/master/docs/openjvs/devices

Back