What's new
Also check that the interconnect board is firmly docked. Looks like it's higher on one side to me. Might not be making a good connection

Try plugging the B board into the A board outside of the case.

Also check that the interconnect board is firmly docked. Looks like it's higher on one side to me. Might not be making a good connection
^THAT^

also that green screen might be an indicator that the B Board is still holding some keys. Try shortcutting EXC5 again (with the power off, of course)

Hello,

So we bought a kit about a month ago and tried installing it into a revision 3 American board and a 7 Asia board. All we are able to get is a solid green screen on the America board and then either a solid green or sometimes right after we swap out SD cards we can get a solid blue screen on the Asia board. The LCD lets us change games, shows flashing and the "have fun" message. I've tried 4 different SD cards including the one I purchased with the kit. We tried swapping out the GPal the rev 3 had with the G Pal we bought with the kit. I've tried shorting EXC5 and even removing the capacitor entirely after a weeks worth of attempts. We reseated the board so many times we unfortunately broke a couple pins off and had to attempt to re-solder them on. We waited a few weeks and tried again today and still just a solid green screen. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20181022_182947.jpg
    20181022_182947.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 177
  • 20181022_182957.jpg
    20181022_182957.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 20181022_183005.jpg
    20181022_183005.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 20181022_183018.jpg
    20181022_183018.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 20181022_183032.jpg
    20181022_183032.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 20181022_183039.jpg
    20181022_183039.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 20181022_183108.jpg
    20181022_183108.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 181
I dont see any key-writing wires. Are you using the old rom pack?

I'm using the CPS2 Roll-Up Base Pack 2018-04-026 pack
Like Mitsu said you need to install the keywriting wires to run those encrypted roms.

Alternatively you could use this roll up pack which has decrypted roms;
2017-11-18: OLD Packs FINAL release

On the pack you are using there is a game called MCV unlocked. Try loading that game before trying anything else.

Hey, I'm having trouble as well.
I've got the garbled graphics issue, but not on all games.
The jumpers are pretty messed up (I cut it up too much, because measurements kept showing a shorted connection), but when measuring the points they seem to check out okay.
Something I don't understand:
Some games I tried work perfectly. Mighty Pang, SF Alpha, Rockman Power Fighters 2, all from the old (decrypted) Smokemonster Pack worked, as well as the Punisher Conversion. Loads of other games (like SF2T, Progear, Ecofighters, 19xx, etc) from the old Pack didn't work correctly, however. Weirdly, all of the games that worked decrypted did not work encrypted!
Of course I wired up the key write wires; measured the connection too and it seems to connect fine. The LED is solid green while it's writing the keys.
Using a PAL G and a Rev 7 B board.
I uploaded pictures of the problem, the jumper mess and the key wires here:
https://imgur.com/a/M3ZF51O

I'm completely out of ideas. If the security was the problem, shouldn't all old games work? If the PAL was the problem, shouldn't I have sound problems rather than graphic corruption? If the jumpers are the problem, why wouldn't both versions of SF Alpha work?

Last edited:
Hi, I moved my darksoft kit to a revision 7 b board and broke two pins in the process. Could someone point me to where I can get replacements? The pins are on the larger board over the graphics roms.

Also, what’s the best way to replace the entire lcd assembly? When I got my kit I was sent one with the shorter buttons. Is there a way I can replace without buying new buttons and soldering them on?

Hi, I moved my darksoft kit to a revision 7 b board and broke two pins in the process. Could someone point me to where I can get replacements? The pins are on the larger board over the graphics roms.

Also, what’s the best way to replace the entire lcd assembly? When I got my kit I was sent one with the shorter buttons. Is there a way I can replace without buying new buttons and soldering them on?
I would PM @Mitsurugi-w he can help you out with the pins and lcd.

Anyone able to help me?
Tried another (assumed dead) Rev. 7 B Board today, one that has the correct jumpers; and yup, sure enough, still dead. Static green screen.

Anyone able to help me?
Tried another (assumed dead) Rev. 7 B Board today, one that has the correct jumpers; and yup, sure enough, still dead. Static green screen.
That board also has a PAL G?

Can you post pics of how the boards themselves are installed? Specifically the small connect PCB?

@Jockel I was having the same issues with my rev 7 b-board. I sent mine to @Mitsurugi-w he looked at it and was able to duplicate the issue also. I sent him a new b-board and the multikit worked fine on the new board. He said the bad board that i had might have bad RAM chips, so yours might be having the same issue.

I checked the jumpers again (check the imgur gallery) and yeah, they go crazy. I'm basically screwed and need a new B Board, I think. Anyone got one? :(
Or could I send my B Boards to @Darksoft ?

Last edited:
Back