What's new
Yes, that should work.
Looks like I over looked the details. Seller sent me this message:

"Please note that memory you purchased is DDR3 ECC registered (RDIMMs) and will not work with regular PC"

I'll look for "regular" ddr3 1333.

Edit: "regular" ddr3 is looking like it will cost 60 to 80 dollars for 16GB. Does that seem right?

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry about that. I overlooked that its ECC ram too. Funny how ECC ram is cheaper than non Ecc nowadays.

I have a 660ti FE that boots into your @Niko edited TTX2 game selection screen with no problems; setup: ttx3 pci-e fio connected to a k91x1243a taito universal fio and the nesica CR into the usb on the pci-e ttx3 fio daughterboard. Daughter board DIPS (1on/2-4off). Every game initiates and crashes back to the game menu. The video card has stock bios and drivers, you mention running niko's multi with new drivers. Can you expand on that? Is this the part where I need to unlock the image and insert my 660ti FE drivers? If this is the case what tool will unlock and where do the drivers go? Also I'll go pull one of my taito k91x1204a jamma/fio boards out of a machine and pop it on the test bench to see if its the universal fio causing the problem. No i/o errors and my controls worked fine in the game menu so I'm leaning toward the vid driver. Thanks a ton @Murray it was pretty cool to see the ttx3 running!!

Try it without the Nesica card reader.

I used the image with a 1243a and it worked fine. Only issue was the 1243a doesn't do 6 buttons (max 4 buttons)

Yeah, sorry about that. I overlooked that its ECC ram too. Funny how ECC ram is cheaper than non Ecc nowadays.
It's all good. Since the seller was cool and refunded immediately, I bought the right RAM from them.

Try it without the Nesica card reader.

I used the image with a 1243a and it worked fine. Only issue was the 1243a doesn't do 6 buttons (max 4 buttons)
copy, thank you. I will try that tonight. I found a post from @Murray last summer that actually says crashing back into the menu is a graphics driver issue. I'll have to research how to install the drivers tonight, not savvy with software. In the mean time, I knew my 660ti FE was posting past the taito splash screen so I said f..k it and tried just flashing the non-uefi msi 760 bios onto an extra evga760sc that would not get past the splash screen w/stock bios. I used the exact method from @Niko flashing tutorial and provided tools. When my usb image was flashed i just swapped in the msi bios and he newest version of Dos nvflash on his image (wouldnt recognize the 760 with the 7900gs nvflash). Now both video cards boot into the game menu butt crash back to the menu after starting a game. Driver install time!

All you can do is take a backup of the bios and then try and flash.

If it doesn't work, just reflash your bios back from the backup

Did you get this sorted? Dropping back to the menu generally means that your video driver is not installed correctly for the card.

The image i made was strictly for the 660 video card that comes stock in the 404 TTX3 units and a few of the other models, but it's the exact same 660 video card. It won't work on any other video card out of the box. The driver installed on the image may work for your card, but you will need to unlock the image, install the video driver again to make it recognise your card, reboot, test that it's working and then re-lock the image. 100% if you are using a different video card from the one it was intended for it won't work without doing the unlock/driver update.

Any changes you make if the image is still locked will be diregarded on the next boot if you don't do it while the image is unlocked. It's Windows XP, it doesn't do auto driver detecting very well.
@Murray can you save the bios of your stock 660 404 TTX3 video card and post the file? I purchased a 660 but it kicks me back to the menu on your Niko multi image. I'm assuming the card didnt come out of a X3 :(

Last edited:
I installed the official 660 bios but now my card has distorted graphics :(

Can anyone help me fix?

Last edited:
Hi guys what type of ram and brand works to upgrade de ram to 32gb modules?

Would imagine any dd3 that's the same speed would work.. 32gb is massive! Are you running VM's on your ttx3? :D

I know for sure 8gb module per slot (4 slot = 32gb) works. I believe the default speed is 1333 mhz).

Just wanted to report, my MSI Geforce GTX 780 Ti was using a UEFI firmware, and was booting to the Taito screen, then resetting itself. I found and flashed this non-UEFI firmware onto it, and it works fine now. A point of caution, the 780 is very long, so the nearby case fan needs to be replaced with a slim noctua - or you need to remove the original fan's screen. Also you may need to remove the metal bracket/separator that that's screwed into the case lid, if your old card was smaller.

Is it worth getting the 780 vs the other cards in this thread that work? I have no idea, just wanted to report the stock behavior and remedy.

Last edited:
Picked a twin frozr III 760 2gb model, KoFXIV crashes after the initial SNK splash screen, while SFV:TA gives me a error on boot but once past that it seems to be fine. Any ideas on how to get KoF to work?

Have you got the card reader installed and in the correct USB port?

Can't say I know what else to do unfortunately.

GTX 760 is showing up in device manager?

Back