What's new
KOF 98 works fine to me with original Bios and the new installed UniBios 4.0

Meh...

After the latest firmware update the cart shows some weird flickering in the menu and ingame, too (randomly all over the screen)...

Example:
photo.jpg

@SVM did you clear nvram? If you did a menu update did you also delete the buff file?

@opossumit there are now 5 versions of kof98 supported. Which one are you using? Some of them don't allow to play in AES mode and you need to choose MVS.

@opossumit there are now 5 versions of kof98 supported. Which one are you using? Some of them don't allow to play in AES mode and you need to choose MVS.
I would like to delete the additional version of each game in order to keep in my romlist one version of each game. Do you have the romlist where every games works correctly in both AES/Console and MVS mode?
thanks!

I would like to delete the additional version of each game in order to keep in my romlist one version of each game. Do you have the romlist where every games works correctly in both AES/Console and MVS mode?thanks!
Use the Roll-Up pack from Smokemonster, that has IIRC only 161 games, one version of each. The games are working 100% like the original. If the original doesnt support AES mode and you force AES, then you'll always get that error unless you use a hacked romset.

Yes, the files are gone (as usual).

"About" says:
Firmware revision: 0x03e4
Firware build: 0x5603
Menu build date: Nov 29 2018

That version is the right one. Assuming that you deleted the BUFF and NVram in the right order, I can only thing of a problem with your microSD. Can you please check it or try a different one?

OK, tomorrow I will look for another microSD cart. But until the last update, my microSD worked fine. I've already tried reformating the microSD, too...

If it helps - the NEO GEO font at the Unibios 4 startup screen shows the same flickering.

Sorry, I have no Youtube account etc.

My board is a MV-1FZS.

Is it possible that you send me the previous version of the firmware so that I can check if the problem still persists?

Hi DarkSoft, I'm using the KOF98 version which is included in Smoke Monster's Roll Up pack (file name "Darksoft Neo Geo Base Pack 2018-04-02.7z", games/kof98 folder) in MVS ARCADE mode...It should work, am i correct? I've tried some other games and everything works fine... What's happening here? :)

Thanks for attention.
A.

I had the same weird pixels after updating to the last fw but after clearing the NVram they disappeared (at least from the main menu, I didn't have time to make a deeper inspection)

Meh...

After the latest firmware update the cart shows some weird flickering in the menu and ingame, too (randomly all over the screen)...

Example:
photo.jpg
I am having this same problem - even in games... I am going to downgrade to the firmware from 11/27 to see if that resolves the issue.

Reactions: SVM
Going back to the old firmware resolved my video issues.

@Darksoft - let me know if you want me to troubleshoot any further or need video, etc.

Reactions: SVM
Nice new update. All games work fine.

But i still have the music of The Super Spy not render properly. They are a bit off.

I will make soon a video to show the problem.

Video done :

Watch at 4min45.

Like you can hear in the video, some effects on musics are missing or glitched.
You can hear it cleary at the end of my video "In the Jukebox" menu of Unibios.

Compare the music with youtube gameplay it's a lot different :/ strange.

It's seems that some effect on music are missing. I can hear some "pop".

Any idea @Darksoft ? @ekorz ?

It's the only game i still have a problem. Every others games work and sounds great.

My setup :

CMVS Analogue (MV1C - Unibios 3.3)

Last edited:
Back