What's new
had a bit of a play around.

How is the JVS interfaced? it's sending keyboard keys correct?
if so what keys are they bound to? looking to get mame running.
Also is there a way to keep the jvs interface running after launching something from the menu.

This is purely a suggestion/opinion but wouldn't it be better to have all the games on a separate partition (lets call it E: for now).
Having the games on E: would mean you wouldn't have to worry about different size imgs. The user can easily partition the left over space once the drive has be created.
also for updates you could just release a partition img for C: only. So games will not have to be recopied over and save data will remain aswell.

Tried copying over opengl.dll for TTGM3 but no joy. also not getting any error pop-ups with your img Niko. eg launching TTGM3 which on the image i use i do get error popups.
I like that idea. I will implement that for RC2.

As far as TTGM3 I'll look and see if I can get it to work.

EDIT:

I forgot to answer your first questions.

JVS is being interpreted as keyboard keys. Right now only the arrow keys and Button1 as the "Enter" key.

I plan to release a fully customizable one that anyone can include with whatever they want on the multi for things such as MAME, emulators, or any normal PC game.

Unfortunately the JVS interpreter has to exit before the game starts. Otherwise you get an I/O error because the game cannot bind to the COM2 port.

Last edited:
had a bit of a play around.

How is the JVS interfaced? it's sending keyboard keys correct?
if so what keys are they bound to? looking to get mame running.
Also is there a way to keep the jvs interface running after launching something from the menu.

This is purely a suggestion/opinion but wouldn't it be better to have all the games on a separate partition (lets call it E: for now).
Having the games on E: would mean you wouldn't have to worry about different size imgs. The user can easily partition the left over space once the drive has be created.
also for updates you could just release a partition img for C: only. So games will not have to be recopied over and save data will remain aswell.

Tried copying over opengl.dll for TTGM3 but no joy. also not getting any error pop-ups with your img Niko. eg launching TTGM3 which on the image i use i do get error popups.
I like that idea. I will implement that for RC2.
As far as TTGM3 I'll look and see if I can get it to work.

EDIT:

I forgot to answer your first questions.

JVS is being interpreted as keyboard keys. Right now only the arrow keys and Button1 as the "Enter" key.

I plan to release a fully customizable one that anyone can include with whatever they want on the multi for things such as MAME, emulators, or any normal PC game.

Unfortunately the JVS interpreter has to exit before the game starts. Otherwise you get an I/O error because the game cannot bind to the COM2 port.
Nice, it would be pretty cool to be able to play something like Fightcade online from a cab running an X2 with this.

Quite a few GUI changes in RC2 :)

h01BGyi.jpg

Awesome work now to find one to throw in my cab

Nice, you could do a layout where the screenshot of the game fills most of the screen and hide the left side list completely and add a vignette at the bottom where you show the GUI controls. It's not like the list consists of hundreds of titles. ;)

RC2 Released. See 1st post for changelog, new instructions and download links.

Can anyone recommend a freeware program capable of writing raw disk images for windows users? I know someone posted a link at one point to a "dd" alternative for windows users but I wasnt sure how accessible that is.

I realize this may be a real pain, but my X2 is in my rotated cab, and its only used for shmups. Any chance of the menu being rotated 90 degrees for the vertical games? :D

I'll have the new image mirrored when I get home from work.

I realize this may be a real pain, but my X2 is in my rotated cab, and its only used for shmups. Any chance of the menu being rotated 90 degrees for the vertical games?

I'll have the new image mirrored when I get home from work.
Seconded. As I have one of my X2s for horizontal and the other vertical games. I would really like to see this please.

Rancor, thanks for providing the mirrored download.

Can anyone recommend a freeware program capable of writing raw disk images for windows users? I know someone posted a link at one point to a "dd" alternative for windows users but I wasnt sure how accessible that is.
i'm looking in to it but windows seems to want to be a prick when it comes to complete drive imaging.

Also has any tried SSF4 with RC2 non of the copies i have are working.

i'm looking in to it but windows seems to want to be a prick when it comes to complete drive imaging.
Also has any tried SSF4 with RC2 non of the copies i have are working.
I know my copy works. What's happening?

It looks like some pirate has taken my latest release and added 23 games and uploaded it to ThePirateBay. If you search for "Taito TypeX2 Multi" you can see what I'm talking about. Some people have no respect for copyrights!

It looks like some pirate has taken my latest release and added 23 games and uploaded it to ThePirateBay. If you search for "Taito TypeX2 Multi" you can see what I'm talking about. Some people have no respect for copyrights!
They even named themselves "NotNiko". People, man...

Once I get home I will have to visit thebay.. I have not been there for over 5 years.

Pretty poor. You and only you deserve the credit....to Caesar what is Caesar's

Damn...that is in such poor taste. Come on guys, if you are going to post someone else's work, even if its free and open for everyone out there you have to acknowledge and give credit to the person that did all the hard work. Recognition of someone's work and a simple thank you go a long way.

Anyone got the torrent file - my isp blocks pirate bay - and the irony of pirating a pirates work is not lost on me....

Back