What's new
Can you guys recommend a fast CF card? Looking to boot Outrun 2 SP.

Thanks!

I use verbatim 2GB - and from my experience - they are all the same.... a tiny bit faster than the GDROM - but not materially.

I don't think so - but since you can only have one game per card, anything over 1GB is wasted. I haven't tried with say, a 16GB card.

I don't think so - but since you can only have one game per card, anything over 1GB is wasted. I haven't tried with say, a 16GB card.
Thanks, last question. Do you have to format the compact flash card with a certain partition type? Can you just copy the .bin file onto it?

You need the id of the compact flash card which are basically 2 digits of the serial number the card is reporting. Next you need a tool to create the card. It's called gcfi.exe if I remember well. You also need to know what is programmed in your pic security chip. some use ABC.BIN others XYZ.BIN. You need to update the dimm firmware to a non official version that supports any cf card. The official sega firmware only accepts one specific brand (hard to find) of compact flash cards. Most "usb 2 compact flash" cardreaders don't support the commands to read the compact flash card serial number.

you can use the CF->IDE adapter you intend to use for your card in your chihiro, but you need a pc mobo that still has IDE connectors.

You need the id of the compact flash card which are basically 2 digits of the serial number the card is reporting. Next you need a tool to create the card. It's called gcfi.exe if I remember well. You also need to know what is programmed in your pic security chip. some use ABC.BIN others XYZ.BIN. You need to update the dimm firmware to a non official version that supports any cf card. The official sega firmware only accepts one specific brand (hard to find) of compact flash cards. Most "usb 2 compact flash" cardreaders don't support the commands to read the compact flash card serial number.
Do you know which one the zero pic uses?

Not really. The pic code sources are available, so it can be changed to anything. If you bought a pre programmed zero pic, the guy who sold it should be able to know.
You could try with ABC.BIN. If it works, good guess.

you can also re-use your existing security key, you just need to encyprt the file with the correct key used by your original chip and use the original file name. ( this is what i did on my OR2->OR2SP conversion )

you can also re-use your existing security key, you just need to encyprt the file with the correct key used by your original chip and use the original file name. ( this is what i did on my OR2->OR2SP conversion )
Can you explain how you did this? This is exactly what I am trying to do. (OR2 > OR2SP)

Decrypt OS2SP (if not already done) with the OR2SP. A decrypted image should start with FATX at the beginning.
Next, run the decryption software on the decrypted image, but with the OR2 key.
This shoud reencrypt the image, but with the OR2 key.

So now you can use it with the OR2 security pic.

The encryption alghoritm is symmetrical. If you run it on a normal image it get's encrypted. If you run it a second time it becomes normal again.

If you intend to use a compact flash setup, you will need the encrypted bin file to prepare the compact flash card. (With the encryption key of your security pic)

If the encryption key is all zero's, the image doesn't change. That's how the zero key security pic works.

To celebrate the 4th of July I'm releasing a new version of the Chihiro TYPE 3 Firmware that allows to boot your Chihiro with any CF or SSD.

This removes the 5 minute and 60 minutes reset that happens when you use a non original CF.

Post your experience here.

Notice that like with Naomi some CF don't work. That's related to their speed or revision and they won't work right from the beggining.

Have fun!

Get it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5clui8bzhnqx840/FACTORYCHECKXB.512_hacked.BIN.7z
can you tell me waht to do with the file and how to install it in my Chihiro type 3?
i have OR2 and i want to update to OR2SP using CF
thanks i m totally new in this hobby, thanks

The Firmware allows your Chihiro to boot from CF instead of GDROM. You need to update your Chihiro using Network port as explained. Once it is updated, you can load any game from CF.

can you tell me waht to do with the file and how to install it in my Chihiro type 3?i have OR2 and i want to update to OR2SP using CF
thanks i m totally new in this hobby, thanks
Hello Colonel mustard! :D ... as explained in my text, I got ya!

i want to upgrade my system to be able to play OR2SP on CF
i ve read lot of post how to do that
but concerning the dimm FW mine seems to be 1.0 RX 850
normally chihiro 3 have 3.03!!!
so how to upgrade from 1.0 to 3.03 then 4.01 then 4.02
thank u

Attachments

• 7E1476BF-E70E-4B39-8BA8-1DA167D83B46.jpeg
    7E1476BF-E70E-4B39-8BA8-1DA167D83B46.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 850D4DAF-21FC-4188-A757-F807E5DBEFA4.jpeg
    850D4DAF-21FC-4188-A757-F807E5DBEFA4.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 3678620F-B18D-428A-B0A7-5E145492D2F0.jpeg
    3678620F-B18D-428A-B0A7-5E145492D2F0.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 69
so how to upgrade from 1.0 to 3.03 then 4.01 then 4.02
That is for Those Naomis, Triforce and Chihiro that have a NetDimm. Yours is a type 3 and has no NET DIMM.
ITUZ3SRl.jpg

Just connect your Chihiro via Network cable to a PC as explained in several threads and upload the firmware as if it was a normal game. It will then do the update.

Read this and this.

Back