What's new
It’s a little confusing because I think it says “Hold P1 for menu” or something like that. I did exactly the same thing.

OK, I decided to go ahead and I'm converting the custom BIOS to UltraBIOS!!!

I dont' have a custom SH2 cart with me, so I can't test right now. I'll ask @Mitsurugi-w to give it a go as soon as it's ready, but if you have received your CPSIII UltraSimm, you should be able to test it.
I any case, you'll need a new rompack for custom SH2 that AFAIK doesnt exist yet. It would be needed only for Simm1 and Simm2 as the other Simms are the same.

Legend. I know it's a big undertaking @Darksoft but this should make it simpler and accessible for more people!

People also need to remember that mods like 4th Strike, etc. will still only work with a Standard SH-2.

OK, looks like the new BIOS for customSH2 is ready. I have updated the first post with a new link.
I don't have a real CustomSH2 cart with me, so I can't test it on the real thing, but I'll ask @Mitsurugi-w and @djsheep if they can give it a go.

What does this mean? It means that now you can use the UltraSimm with any cart. You just need to update 1 chip ( the flash BIOS 29F400) in the cart.

Last edited:
OK, looks like the new BIOS for customSH2 is ready. I have updated the first post with a new link.
I don't have a real CustomSH2 cart with me, so I can't test it on the real thing, but I'll ask @Mitsurugi-w and @djsheep if they can give it a go.

What does this mean? It means that now you can use the UltraSimm with any cart. You just need to update 1 chip ( the flash BIOS 29F400) in the cart.

Thanks @Darksoft this helps a lot! Once someone confirms that it actually works, I can get to work on reflashing my Custom SH2 cart!

Matt

Hi,

Thanks for tha latest version.
However using custom SH2 version i'm not able to flash game anymore. After selecting the game image it reboots to the existing game and do not flash a new one.

Did you use the NOCD version? NOCD version only works with UltraSIMMS.

Quick correction. There are two versions of NoCD one for custom SH2 and another for standard SH2. However as the name says, none of them allow to change game using a CD. To change game using CD, you need to use the BIOS that says CD in the filename and is the right version for your SH2 processor. Either one will allow you to change game using CD but only if you use original CPS3 simms, not UltraSimms.

Just to clarify then, does a CD / SCSI2SD need to be present when using the CD versions of the BIOS with pre-flashed UltraSIMMs? Or does it function the same as the NoCD BIOS in that instance?

Quick correction. There are two versions of NoCD one for custom SH2 and another for standard SH2. However as the name says, none of them allow to change game using a CD. To change game using CD, you need to use the BIOS that says CD in the filename and is the right version for your SH2 processor. Either one will allow you to change game using CD but only if you use original CPS3 simms, not UltraSimms.

This makes it perfectly clearnow. Thanks.

If you are using a cd version with ultrasimms it will require a cd drive/scsi2sd attached. So if you are using ultrasimms please request the nocd version.

One might ask why even release a cd version of the UltraBIOS. Well, because the cursor in the menu is fixed of course!!!!! And the ultrabios works just fine with regular simms.

Everyone who sends me a cart to convert for use with regular simms will get the cd version of the UltraBIOS.

Just to clarify then, does a CD / SCSI2SD need to be present when using the CD versions of the BIOS with pre-flashed UltraSIMMs? Or does it function the same as the NoCD BIOS in that instance?
A CD version of the BIOS will always require a CD / SCSI2SD present as @Mitsurugi-w said.

Has anyone had any luck ordering a TL86 plus proman? I've had 2 AliExpress sellers cancel on me now. I wish there was a less scummy place to buy those.

Freezes.
New generation ibuki's ending.
It's standard bios.

DSC_1544.JPG

Your cart has standard SH2, right? Does this happen also if you use regular SIMMS?

Back