What's new
Since its been ages I set my cps3 multi, I am totally lost.

My first question would be what is the differences btw STANDARD SH2 and custom SH2?
I don't even remember which one I used to make my multi before.
All I remember is that I am using scsi2sd instead of actual cdrom drive and I bought a cart from Darksoft back then.

My second question is where can I find instruction to update Bios?
Since there is a new version of Bios which fixed speed of menu, I need to update this.

Thank you.

Since its been ages I set my cps3 multi, I am totally lost.

My first question would be what is the differences btw STANDARD SH2 and custom SH2?
I don't even remember which one I used to make my multi before.
All I remember is that I am using scsi2sd instead of actual cdrom drive and I bought a cart from Darksoft back then.

My second question is where can I find instruction to update Bios?
Since there is a new version of Bios which fixed speed of menu, I need to update this.

Thank you.
The differences between the two are explained in the guide. You can open your cart up with two screws to check against the photos.

There's an updated BIOS posted on the forum too if you want to upgrade. For both Standard and Custom.

The differences between the two are explained in the guide. You can open your cart up with two screws to check against the photos.

There's an updated BIOS posted on the forum too if you want to upgrade. For both Standard and Custom.
Thank you for your explanation. But where can I find info about how to update Bios? I tried to find a guide with no success.

Freezes.
New generation ibuki's ending.
It's standard bios.

DSC_1544.JPG
I could not reproduce this using the ultrasimms in standard mode.

@Mitsurugi-w good info. He's using regular Simms. I would assume that it was either a glitch or their simms are starting to wear out.

My cart looks like this;

IMG_2257.JPG

IMG_2258.JPG

I am currently using with scsi2sd.

Which bios should I install to my cart among 4 bios that just released last month?

And what if I switch to Ultra Simms? I know new bios support both of Ultra Simms and old setting but I just want to make sure
before updating bios since it is not an easy task for me to do.

Use the BIOS for Standard SH-2.

NoCD version if you’re using UltraSIMMs with no SCSI device.

I've pulled a Fujitsu flash chip out of a working security cart - and no matter what I do - it won't pass the blank check.... is this just failure of the chip to reprogram?

Matt

Did you erase it first? If so you probably have a short still between two pins on the chip or your adapter isn't making good contact with all pins on the chip.

you probably have a short still between two pins on the chip
Is there a good technique for removing solder off of SMD chip pins after removal? that always seems like the longest most annoying step in the process when I salvage or reflash chips.

Did you erase it first? If so you probably have a short still between two pins on the chip or your adapter isn't making good contact with all pins on the chip.

Yep - I did - and the erase went through.... I will check the pins again with a continuity check again.

Is there a good technique for removing solder off of SMD chip pins after removal? that always seems like the longest most annoying step in the process when I salvage or reflash chips.

I am a newb - but I have been using desolder braid to get excess off.

Matt

This is the seller I bought mine from: https://a.aliexpress.com/_msRq681

Item is fine, my only gripe was that I paid for express delivery and they put it on a boat. AliExpress were useless in helping out.
I don't have the skillset to desolder the chip on the repro super bios cart - but, I wouldn't mind attempting to use the programmer for the kit as it looks like no soldering is required.

I definitely don't want to pay 20 bucks to this seller and have it be put on a boat. Anyone else have a link to a seller that provided a better buying experience?

Thanks for your time.

Back