What's new
For Sale
A replacement flyback for the Windy 2 PB7534 chassis has already been found. They're being soak tested at he moment.

Grant was sent three, two dead and one within an inch of it's life. He managed to source a suitable replacement before the third died.

0.png

My chassis was in a very bad condition prior to Grant servicing it.

There should be hope for most if not all of the dead W2 chassis.
That is awesome, I’ll definitely be down for one or two.

A replacement flyback for the Windy 2 PB7534 chassis has already been found. They're being soak tested at he moment.

Grant was sent three, two dead and one within an inch of it's life. He managed to source a suitable replacement before the third died.

0.png

Wow that's fantastic news. That list of repairs looks very similar to what Sharp Image Repair did with mine until they hit a roadblock with the flyback.

I'm sure it goes without saying but please put me on the list of interested parties. I'd be down for a minimum of 1-2 flybacks depending on availability.

Oh for sure. Nin working chassis 1st. I just assumed that the flyback were repro and not nos or pulled from other chassis.

Wow that's fantastic news. That list of repairs looks very similar to what Sharp Image Repair did with mine until they hit a roadblock with the flyback.
I'm sure it goes without saying but please put me on the list of interested parties. I'd be down for a minimum of 1-2 flybacks depending on availability.
Looks like shotgun repair to me, it's highly unlikely all those parts were bad.

0.png

can you put me down for a replacement chassis? another member of the non-working windy 2 group buy lol

@radiantsvgun, yup. Same, same. Hope whatever suitable replacement is ubiquitous. Soon as word drops on this, I hope we aren't gouged, like what happened with the Zenith K7000A flybacks.

If the suitable replacement can only be sourced from overseas, I volunteer to organize a US group buy (for lack of a better term) and distribute the FB's to everyone. Should save us some dough over individual shipping from overseas. I have earned some cachet in organizing these things. Someone in Canada should pick up the the mantle for our friends in Canada too.

@radiantsvgun, yup. Same, same. Hope whatever suitable replacement is ubiquitous. Soon as word drops on this, I hope we aren't gouged, like what happened with the Zenith K7000A flybacks.

If the suitable replacement can only be sourced from overseas, I volunteer to organize a US group buy (for lack of a better term) and distribute the FB's to everyone. Should save us some dough over individual shipping from overseas. I have earned some cachet in organizing these things. Someone in Canada should pick up the the mantle for our friends in Canada too.
Since I'm the cause of the mess I'll volunteer. I'm close enough to the boarder to save on the initial shipping cost to Canada

For clarification I'm not organising a group order or distributing these flybacks, I merely posted information to try and negate incompatible flybacks from being fitted and damaging these dead chassis further.

I would strongly recommend shipping the dead chassis to Grant ( @gunblade ) or some other professional to have it repaired/serviced properly.

The chassis performs as well as the original but the width capacitor did have to be changed so that narrow games (CPS3, etc) will fill the screen. Everything else is great, colour, geometry, etc...

My chassis has been running for ~16hours without issue. I'll post some pics of the flyback this afternoon.

For clarification I'm not organising a group order or distributing these flybacks, I merely posted information to try and negate incompatible flybacks from being fitted and damaging these dead chassis further.

I would strongly recommend shipping the dead chassis to Grant ( @gunblade ) or some other professional to have it repaired/serviced properly.

The chassis performs as well as the original but the width capacitor did have to be changed so that narrow games (CPS3, etc) will fill the screen. Everything else is great, colour, geometry, etc...

My chassis has been running for ~16hours without issue. I'll post some pics of the flyback this afternoon.
I know all the guys here with dead chassis (myself included) will want to get our hands on one. Hopefully Grant will post here with his findings. Sorry if the earlier post seemed like we were jumping on you for a GB, its just excitement.

Yeap, got professionals ready to repair the WII chassis. Just need the flyback. As for group buy thing, just a suggestion for us in the US to work together to source them is all. No one was being volunteered. More info on the width cap used on your chassis once you post those pics.

Question: have you tried 31khz on the chassis with the replacement FB yet?

Yeap, got professionals ready to repair the WII chassis. Just need the flyback. As for group buy thing, just a suggestion for us in the US to work together to source them is all. No one was being volunteered. More info on the width cap used on your chassis once you post those pics.

Question: have you tried 31khz on the chassis with the replacement FB yet?
Not personally as I don't have any 31k games at hand. My Type X2 & Naomi are still boxed up after moving house but it is known to work.

Image of flyback. This is the only writing on it as far as I can see.

1. 0.jpg

Last edited:
Back