What's new
Can't say I know what else to do unfortunately.

GTX 760 is showing up in device manager?
Well it's booting with both games but kof crashes so I wouldn't expecting to find anything new in the device manager

Since his MSI Twin Frozen III isn't a standard card for the X3, he'll have to find a non UEFI bios to try and flash it with. The one I posted in the official X3 bios thread is only for the stock card and I have no clue if they work for non stock cards or not.

I also want to point out that Xeon CPU (in the Sandy Bridge family) works on the X3. The highest I have seen that works is the Xeon E3-1290.

Attachments

• XeonE3-1290.jpg
    XeonE3-1290.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 180
Yeah the 660 played kof fine like 99% of the time, sfv felt sluggish and massive slowdown like 20% of the time.

Sfv plays perfectly with the 760, but I'll just check my connections with the card reader. Not sure how I'm gonna upgrade the drivers for it, it's kinda a jank system.

It also wouldn't boot with just the two 6pin power cord, I just spliced in the two grounds on one and it booted just fine

I don't ever play SFV, but I've heard that there is a memory leak issue with SFV, so it's performance isn't the best gauge to measure against.

Managed to get a keyboard hooked up to it and like SFV, once I cleared the error it boot up just fine. SFV just let me hit the start button to bypass the error. Just a weird thing I'll have to do to boot it everytime

how much improvement the 780 have over the 680? already booked the 680 so have to commit to that.

I use a GTX 780 in my X3, so I know for sure it works 100%. The model that Murry shows... 3 companies make them and they all look the same. The companies are PNY, EVGA and nVidia.

i won't be using my ttx3 to play pc games as i have another desktop with rtx 2070.
the 680 will be just fine for my ttx3. thanks. i changed the thermal paste on the stock cpu and gpu with kryonaut and the fan noise is reduced. no more ramping up at certain intervals.

You will also need to mount the case fan on the outside of the case as this card doesn't quite fit with the case fan inside the case. I'll update this post with a picture of mine tomorrow. It's very clean mod and it actually cools the system better than when it's on the inside.
@Murray would love to see those pics!

Capture.JPG

I have this card, it has 2 X 8pin power inputs. Could I use 6pin to 8pin adapters?

That EVGA card is going to struggle for clearance with the IO board though..... Just sayin! You might have to mount it differently. See how you go.

This section right here is where your daughter IO card sits in the case.
Great eye! I see how it is taller than the average card height.

Last edited:
Another card confirmed working in TTX3.

EVGA GTX 680 2GB 02G-P4-2680-KR
I got the exact same reference, label says "P/N:02G-P4-2680-KR"
However my Device ID is slightly different. Memory brand as well.

BIOS version on PCB label is 80.04.47.00.80
as below.

as_label.gif

However the card came with this version installed.

original.gif

I backed up the BIOS it came with and had a look at the CRC, and it matches yours.

Long story short, I can boot the TTX3 with both BIOS, but black screen.
I can only hear the multi menu's sound with a nice "No Video Input" message from the vewlix monitor when connected to the GTX.

It’s like the GTX GPU isn’t detected at all, the TTX3 basically boots on integrated graphics (output is working).

Is there anything I'm missing here ?
A setting in the BIOS?
Power ?

Last edited:
Back